[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album still exists. Whatever your favorite album is,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 2
File: 519GtlMPY2L._SL1500_.jpg (45 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
519GtlMPY2L._SL1500_.jpg
45 KB, 1500x1500
This album still exists.

Whatever your favorite album is, it is probably shit in comparison.

https://youtu.be/V_F5Lq0zNZQ
>>
>>60713316
You're new or just very closed minded
>>
>>60713316
Are you sure?
>>
>>60713695
I am positive. Yes is total wank garbo.
>>
just gave a thorough listen to this, it's not bad but for 1973 it's pretty tame and, imo, boring.
>>
>>60713316
What's stopping me from stealing someone's riff and then putting it in a constant loop and I just reverb the fuck out of it and feed it plugins until it sounds like popcorn in the microwave and then I just record myself screaming and layer it 3 minutes in and finish "my song" and then I photoshop a picture of wooden baby blocks next to a pyramid and slap a name on it like "nutseed library" and then I keep doing this until you faggots find my shit and start eating it up
>>
>>60713748

Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>60713739
Lounge psychedelia isn't suppose to be intense, boner.
>>
Not even my favorite Floyd album, but Dark Side of the Moon is closest to what I would call "objectively" the greatest record ever made in all honesty
>>
>>60713748
The fact that you browse /mu/ is holding you back. Now chill out extra chromosome I'm sure your wrangler will be by soon to take you to your coloring activity
>>
>>60713790
>Not even my favorite Floyd album,
If it's Meddle, Piper, WYWH, or Animals, you can fuck right off
>>
>>60713818
I've got bad news for you, pal :^)
>>
>>60713316
Why are you being so hostile to us?
>>
>>60713316
Cant be beat, LSD + DSOTM = ecstasy

You would have to have a low IQ to not awe at this music.

That said Beethoven puts anyone to shame
>>
>>60713818
Actually you can fuck off for liking an overrated band's overrated album. Fucking end yourself while you're at it too
>>
>>60713855
calm down
>>
spiritual apathy
>>
>>60713940
is that the name of your pink floyd cover band?
>>
>>60713963
Jealous?
>>
>>60713739
I meant tame in terms of groundbreaking ideas or things that distinguish it as particularly impressive.
>>
>>60713316
Dark Side of the Moon is just a bland album.
I want this to be a meme, and I want this meme to stop.
>>
>>60714185
meant for
>>60713783
>>
>>60714185
>>60714253
>The song used advanced effects for the time both in the keyboard and the guitar. The VCS 3 synthesizer was fed through a long tape loop to create the rising and falling keyboard solo. David Gilmour used two guitars with the Uni-Vibe guitar effect to create the harmonizing guitar solo for the rest of the song.

this song is about thinking you have a choice but you really dont. this is expressed by more than just the title. the first half of the song repeats the same few notes on the keyboard except they play it faster, slower, backwards and forwards to create the illusion of listening to different things. it cleverly shows how people are mislead into thinking they are decididing how their life will run but that is not the case as societies pressures force you to take a certain path.

people like this stuff because it mirrors reality and its timeless distortion...modern society is a simulation, something that appears authentic....
>>
7/10

Best I can do.
>>
>>60713718
Close to the Edge isn't though. It's not like the two albums that followed it. Close to the Edge is highly ambitious both musically and thematically. Every single moment of it's musical progression is precisely arranged, not just aimlessly throwing in sections. This is probably partially due to Bill Buford's presence and contribution in the band. The theme portrays a man's journey to spiritual self discovery and awakening as a result of Jon Anderson's reading of Siddhartha. It really isn't wank garbo.
>>
>>60714352
>>The song used advanced effects for the time both in the keyboard and the guitar. The VCS 3 synthesizer was fed through a long tape loop to create the rising and falling keyboard solo. David Gilmour used two guitars with the Uni-Vibe guitar effect to create the harmonizing guitar solo for the rest of the song.
>this song is about thinking you have a choice but you really dont. this is expressed by more than just the title. the first half of the song repeats the same few notes on the keyboard except they play it faster, slower, backwards and forwards to create the illusion of listening to different things. it cleverly shows how people are mislead into thinking they are decididing how their life will run but that is not the case as societies pressures force you to take a certain path.
>people like this stuff because it mirrors reality and its timeless distortion...modern society is a simulation, something that appears authentic....
sounds like wank garbo
>>
>>60714375
>>60714394
so mad Yes got btfo
>>
>>60714416
I think you're mad cause your pseudo-patrician shit is just as pseudo-patrician as Yes
>>
>>60714437
the real reason is because pink floyd is a better band than yes
>>
>>60714465
Exact same shit. All limited to some simple thoughts of some "lad" Gilmour who heard a shoe salesman say something "deep".

If you want to talk, compare it to a literal masterpiece from Hunter Hunt Hendrix titled The Ark Work. It is actually deep compared to your shitty progwank and requires mental ascension which you will probably never experience.

http://www.radicalmatters.com/metasound/pdf/Hideous.Gnosis.Black.Metal.Theory.Symposium.I.pdf

Page 53
>>
>>60713316
it's not even their best album
>>
>>60714571
tips fedora
>>
>>60715205
*tips it back at you*
>>
>>60715234
you're the one who posted that god awful cringe link, what were you thinking lol so pretentious
>>
I'm glad I'm not the only one who appreciates Any Colour You Like. Cool fucking song. Maybe the best on the record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvagOg0ZJyo

This version is about as good imo
>>
>>60714394
Too deep for you, eh? Yeah, I understand. Might be a good time to kill yourself since you can't relate to literally the most relatable album to working class people ever released.
>>
>>60715358
see
>>60714571

>>60715263
Isn't that the point of the thread? To post the most pretentious interpretation of a musical piece and call the others plebs? As far as I know that's exactly what OP is doing so far.
>>
>>60715393
"Mental ascension"? Sound like woo-woo bullshit to me :)
>>
>>60715413
>"Mental ascension"? Sound like woo-woo bullshit to me :)
That is a very poor retort. You just seem to be upset that there is music with a more pretentious background than whatever stoned Gilmour said about Any Colour You Like.
>>
>>60715451
I'm a normal person, so I relate more to stoned Gilmour than your stuff, so, I really don't give a fuck :)
>>
>>60715510
>I'm a normal person, so I relate more to stoned Gilmour than your stuff, so, I really don't give a fuck :)
Great, so your biggest argument about what makes ACYL an achievement in rock music falls.

Here's what you gotta do:

1)Stop making these threads. They are pointless. There is no such thing as the greatest thing ever. Only the most favorite.

2)Listen to music you like and stop caring if other people like/dislike what you like/dislike because no one gives a shit.

It's that simple
>>
>>60715662
I didn't make this thread...
I am just some dude who likes The Dark Side of the Moon and Pink Floyd in general...
There is more than one person who likes Pink Floyd...
Also I wasn't being serious when I said kill yourself...
>>
>>60713718
If you listen to CTTE and hear anything but accessible, melodic, well orchestrated prog rock then you're in no position to throw around pretentious insults
>>
>>60715852
Yes is so, so bad
>>
>>60715873
Well they're easily as "technical" or "innovative" as DSOTM is so if that's your only criteria I can't really see why you'd put Pink Floyd on more of a pedestal than other "prog" bands of the time
>>
>>60715933
I don't think Yes is bad, but I think Pink Floyd is way better sounding to my ears. I don't know why that guy is railing against Yes.
>>
>>60713316
legitimately serious,
why the fuck is with /mu/ lately that all these plebs keep springing out of nowhere and spewing their close-minded opinions?
>>
>>60715961
No one is railing against yes, one guy said they were bad and people exploded
>>
>>60716008
>lately
>>
>>60713695
There is no comparison here

Two prog albums, one thats amazing, one thats ok
>>
>>60716033
yeah i understand, maybe the close-minded thing is always there, but not this plebeian though.

>dark side of the moon iS THE BEST ALBUM EVER AND NOTHING BEATS THIS DEEP MASTERPIECE

come on
>>
>>60716008
Are you saying Dark Side of the Moon is a pleb album? Is 'pleb' still a think on /mu/? This is like the first thread I've posted on in literally a fucking year and people are still doing this shit?
>>
>>60716140
Personally I find CTTE to be more melodically and compositionally interesting and there are less dull moments. Money, for instance, is pretty standard blues rock.
>>
>>60716159
>>dark side of the moon iS THE BEST ALBUM EVER AND NOTHING BEATS THIS DEEP MASTERPIECE
>believing that he actually means that
>not knowing that OP just means that DSOTM is top tier
>>
>>60716190
I happen to dislike Money the most out of any tracks on Dark Side of the Moon because it's so standard. In a way, it stands out from other songs like that, maybe as if... it was designed to... make money?
>>
>>60716190
Money is the only track on the album like that
>>
>>60716314
time, too
>>
>>60716362
No, Time is not standard blues rock. It's got a ton going on if you actually listen to it. Probably the most heavily-produced song on the album.
>>
>>60716314
Yes, but as a whole the album is less melodically interesting and more conventional, like I said, with Money perhaps being the most obvious example. I just think CTTE is more consistent, there really are no dull moments, it's all extremely fun but very emotional at the same time. I don't feel the same way about most of Yes' discog, honestly.
>>
>>60716362
nah
>>
>>60716401
>>60716412
the back up signers are very commercial, its a trippy song but its also single tier
>>
>>60716196
>>60713316
>"Whatever your favorite album is, it is probably shit in comparison."
>>60716169
how about you and your opinions leave for another year and move back in with /r/music
>>
>>60716511
>>"Whatever your favorite album is, it is probably shit in comparison."
>4chan
>taking this serious
I've gotta be falling for some post-ironic bait
>>
>>60716576
Well, try not to take it too seriously when people say they think DSOTM is overrated radio rock either.
>>
>>60716669
I don't
>>
>>60713316
imo ITCOTCK is a better album overall
>>
>>60713718
we're talking about close to the edge now, not dsotm
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.