[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suggestions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: roland-tr-606-703651.jpg (131 KB, 1600x802) Image search: [Google]
roland-tr-606-703651.jpg
131 KB, 1600x802
Hi,
I wanna acquire a drum machine and I'm thinking of buying a Roland TR-606. Is that a good piece? Any advice on what I should buy? I'm doing electro noise kinda like Cheveu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fovGAYSqLrc
>>
>>60712804
The drum machine in that track is something like a Yamaha RX5 or some other sample based machine from the late 80-early 90s.
>>
>>60712804
Check out Paranoid London's self titled release for a good example of lo fi 606 fuckery, especially the track Light Tunnel. If that sounds good to you then the 606 isn't a bad choice.
>>
>>60712804
this big black has a 606 however their albums used 707's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGgfYulParo
>>
>>60712804
What's stopping me from stealing someone's riff and then putting it in a constant loop and I just reverb the fuck out of it and feed it plugins until it sounds like popcorn in the microwave and then I just record myself screaming and layer it 3 minutes in and finish "my song" and then I photoshop a picture of wooden baby blocks next to a pyramid and slap a name on it like "nutseed library" and then I keep doing this until you faggots find my shit and start eating it up
>>
>>60712913
I think that is probaly an 808, you can hear rimshot sounds and clap sounds that the 606 doesn't have.
>>
Get an iPad then download funk box
>>
>>60712853
Thanks, it looks like the Yamaha RX5 can be used for many style

>>60712913
Sounds good. I think Mr Oizo used it too, it sounds similar
>>
Is 600$ a good price for a 606?
>>
>>60713215
seriously those old roland drum machines sound good, but they are seriously shit UI

it takes a lot of effort to get something useable

youd be better off with something more current, or at least late 90s/early 00s. it will be easier to use and sound equally as good when all said and done
>>
>>60713314
>seriously those old roland drum machines sound good, but they are seriously shit UI
Lol what? I own a 707 and the UI is fantastic, the only thing you need to do is read the manual for 10 minutes then you can start making pattern in under 10 seconds.
>>
I just found a DX5 for 100$, I'll try it and if I don't like it, well too bad it's just a hundred bucks anyway
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.