[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Album Recommendations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: women_public_strain_1283353281.jpg (106 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
women_public_strain_1283353281.jpg
106 KB, 600x600
Short description/Why you like it

Public Strain
Lo-fi, jangley alternative rock. I wouldn't say vocals are the strong point, but it has the perfect blend of melody and dissonance without straining your ears or overflowing your senses. Fantastic album, even on the first listen.
If you really aren't digging it then skip straight to the last track " Eyesore," it's a great one.
>>
>>60711332
my favourite album desu
>>
This is in my top 5 albums of all time, read the lyrics along with listening to the songs if you cant make out what he's saying. It's such a desolate album with a certain charm that I can't put my finger on.
>>
>>60711468
>>60712286
Rec some albums
>>
>>60711332
if you like these guys there are alot of great "post-women" bands that popped up around Calgary and Montreal i'll put em in order of Quality

Viet Cong S/T- Members of women but heavier
Telstar Drugs- S/T more upbeat still dissonant
Chad Vangaalen- Produced Public Strain uses same style. Diaper Island is best
Dories- Stripped
Each Other- Heavily Spaced
Fake Palms - like Viet Cong -Lite
Un Blonde
Faux Fur
Frank Heat Waves
>>
>>60712705
Check Archive but most of this shit is bandcamp only ya dig?
>>
>>60712705

Yeeeaa nigga women-core bands are GOAT especially Unblonde, Gretchen is super slick too
>>
>>60713482
nice i havent heard of them ill check em out thanks. im a big fan of this genre of Dissonant Lo-fi post-punk
>>
>>60713482

Also for some good bands from Victoria, BC that have more of a krautrock/garage rock vibe are Freak Heat Waves, Fountain and Novel
>>
>>60713756

Yea I really like this "Genre" of Dissonant Lo-fi Post-Punk
>>
>>60712705
shit thanks, really digging this dories record

but, it's a straight rip of women. i don't really know how i feel about that.
>>
>>60711332
bump
>>
File: Wyrd+Visions.jpg (93 KB, 347x338) Image search: [Google]
Wyrd+Visions.jpg
93 KB, 347x338
The first track is really boring (minimalistic and repetitive), but it builds up a really interesting album. What I like most about it is the air of hopelessness that comes from the composition.
>>
>>60715271
What genre
>>
>>60715304
Minimalism? Not entirely sure. It's highly repetitive but it has vocals
>>
The Heat Death of the Universe
Screamo
>Jazzy drum and bass sound,
>Switch between moments of beauty and chaos
>Layered screams
>That bass tone
>>
It's hard to explain how field recordings are amazing. Most of these sounds are really familiar, things we hear in our everyday lives. But all of it being coupled with each other makes a surreal experience. The piano playing is sinister, and just add to the vibe.
>>
File: 1374975810_hi-res.png (778 KB, 1000x995) Image search: [Google]
1374975810_hi-res.png
778 KB, 1000x995
have a nice life - deathconsciousness
>>
>>60716034
What about it is so good?
>>
>>60712705
>Each Other- Heavily Spaced
This
Both of their albums are fantastic. Highly recommend.
>>
>>60716253
shoegaze felling but it is not too much shoegazy like loveless, industrial sound but not overdone, lyrics hit the feels, depressing, has drone but dosent feel droney if you get me, hooks are great
>>
File: Songs By The Sea.png (155 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Songs By The Sea.png
155 KB, 300x300
The Boats - Songs By The Sea

Very mellow ambient electronic, one of the most relaxing albums I've listened to, I come back to it time and time again for the comforting, warm atmosphere it creates. Layers of ebbing synths dance on top of minimal percussion, creating a calming oceanside feeling. Highly recommend for early morning or late night listening.
>>
File: francedodenhaag.jpg (293 KB, 535x535) Image search: [Google]
francedodenhaag.jpg
293 KB, 535x535
FRANCE - Do den Haag church

Drone, 45 min single track of instrumental trio Bass Drums and Hurdy Gurdy.
Very hypnotic but not boring at all, just what it take of repetitive imo. The sound of the Hurdy Gurdy is interesting, i've heard some before but only traditional piece, it's a really interesting use for this old instrument and i think it's fit quite well this kind of music.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nouwq7dTHg
>>
>>60716640
remind me of some julia holter tracks
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.