[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great works of art need not be defended, my friends. If you are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Trout-Mask-Replica.jpg (1 MB, 1119x1119) Image search: [Google]
Trout-Mask-Replica.jpg
1 MB, 1119x1119
Great works of art need not be defended, my friends. If you are one of the many people clenching their fists and getting butthurt because some people don't "get" this album, stop. I discovered Trout Mask years ago and I knew from first listen that it was utter creative genius. That being said it's obvious why people wouldn't "get" this music. It's really damn cringey when you guys get all insecure about this kinda shit. It's just art, kids. The more you guys dig your heels in and fight the haters, the worse you make us Beefheart fans look. You're making people hate the album even harder by blindly defending it and insulting them. Stop.
>>
see the inherent problem you have is that most of the people who dislike TMR and similar albums/music are kids who are new to /mu/ and just pick it up from the /mu/core chart.

there's a minority of people who are like 25 and they still don't get it and that's fine, chances are that they've given it plenty of chances and time to grow

but hte vast majority of haters are 18 yrs old or younger and haven't heard anything challenging beyond radiohead, if that
>>
>
>>
>
>>
What about safe as milk?
>lel just dadrawk
>>
>>60708368
>>lel just dadrawk
this
>>
I listened to it fully twice, I didn't enjoy it much. It's okay if you like it man, I'm not hating. Some people don't like the music I like either.
>>
If you can get past the first track it's honestly not that unaccessible. It just opens with one of the weirdest an unorthodox tracks straight up and that puts a lot of people off. Also Beefheart's singing in general puts people off.
>>
>>60708441
Maybe for people accustomed to avantgarde/post rock/free jazz and the like, but for people that aren't that into music in the first place, this is pretty much the most unaccessibe rock album I can think of.
>>
I agree, but what irks me most is the mentality that people have when they set out to hate an album. I think you could find some value in almost anything you listen to regardless of ratings.

Reminder that you should want to like music
>>
>>60708903
Honestly, it's better to spend time with the things you like instead of bashing everything you hate.
>>
I like this album, I don't get mad at people who don't like it because it's pretty obvious it's not really their thing. I played this to friends, along with Merzbow, who barely listened to music and watching their reactions is always fun.

[spoiler]I came to this album shortly after first finding shit like Death Grips and The Left Rights weird and inaccessible to begin with but got into them, like this >>60708678[/spoiler]
>>
>>60708368
That album is literally the antithesis to dad rock
>>
>>60708441
It's pretty damn inaccessible to be honest
>>
>>60708441
getting into it takes only patience to listen to the album multiple times through
the album gets better every time you hear it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.