[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ausfag hour Tame Impala are terrible. Royal Headache and Superstar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: FB_IMG_1448717856721.jpg (75 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448717856721.jpg
75 KB, 800x800
Ausfag hour

Tame Impala are terrible. Royal Headache and Superstar had albums of the year.
>>
>>60706922
Tina Arena won a lifetime acheivement award or something at the Arias. How fucked is that?

I didn't realise simply having a career is worth plaudits now.
>>
>>60706922
Who's superstar? Link please. Want to listen. Royal Headache are the bomb, have the first ST 7" (vinyl).
>>
>>60707014
They are on Bedroom Suck (I think). I am too lazy to find a link.

Did you listen to that new Kitchens Floor? I saw them in Melbourne recently and it was good
>>
>>60706922
agree OP
>>
>>60707025
Nope but I will now. Bitter Defeat and Look Forward to Nothing were great at the time but forgettable in the long run.
>>
>>60706922
violent soho is pretty goat
>>
File: Hope Drone - Cloak of Ash.jpg (814 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Hope Drone - Cloak of Ash.jpg
814 KB, 1200x1200
God-tier aussie atmoblack coming through.
>>
File: Parkway_Drive_2015_-_Ire.jpg (243 KB, 925x925) Image search: [Google]
Parkway_Drive_2015_-_Ire.jpg
243 KB, 925x925
Parkway drive are pretty great. Australia is probably one of the leading countries in the metalcore scene
>>
>>60707105
In the same vein, In Hearts Wake who I like more than Parkway are pretty great as well.

Anyone have suggestions for similar bands I might not have heard of?
>>
>>60707116
>>60707105
/mu/ really probably isn't the best place to talk about mainstream angst-core, but if you want something that's set in a similar world without being so single-minded, maybe check out Sylosis.
>>
>>60707137
ty, loving the passive agression <3 10/10
>>
>>60707156
Eh, I got nothing against Parkway. They have some really fun riffs, and they're good at what they do. What they do, however, is definitely mainstream angst-core, and definitely pretty single-minded. None of this is inherently negative, there are just better places to talk about it than /mu/.
>>
>>60707105
AOTY right there f a m
>>
>>60707105
How many Australians saw Parkway as their first ever show? I did in 2006, and I know at least 4 other people who did too

>>60706922
You should check out the new Blank Realm too, it was pretty good
>>
>>60706922

i like these guys from sydney:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ17vt_L3Ro
>>
>>60707260
I feel like seeing Parkway Drive is like a right of passage for Aus metal/punk kids
>>
>>60707280
well, it isn't
they're shit

also it's rite of passage, not right

you dunce
>>
What're your guys thoughts on Allday?
>>
>>60707280
I don't really know if it still is, but it certainly felt that way when I was 16
>>
Also worth checking out if you're into grindcore https://tannedchrist.bandcamp.com/album/antipodean-sickness
>>
>>60706948
>the Arias
i'm surprised this whole awards show hasn't been sold off to triple j
>>
>>60707313
His voice sounds kind of annoying IMO. Admittedly I've only heard a couple of his singles so I'm not really in a position to criticise
>>
>>60707313
you know i'd rather listen to those bogan ice addict cunts that rap than listen to allday because at least they aren't surrounded by an air of rich daddy triple j pretension
>>
>>60707528
This. Who KERSER here?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.