[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How true is pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 600x800
How true is pic related?
>>
Everyone listens to singles, EPs, comps, mixes, live recordings and albums though, don't they?
>>
>>60706224
yeah i've always made "best of" playlists for artists i've listened to a million times and got a clear idea of which songs are weaker than others

it's a good idea to listen to an album in full at first, but whatever you do after the first 5 or so listens is up to you
>>
>>60706205
It's 100% fact.
>>
>>60706253
>it's a good idea to listen to an album in full at first

What about the hundreds of producers and all the composers who've never recorded an ''album''?
>>
>>60706279
what about them? i didn't say anything
>>
>>60706279
The rockist would claim they aren't good because they never "constructed" a "full cohesive concept album" and thus aren't worth listening to.
>>
>>60706307
Thats why I'm asking.

Its very hard to listen to an album if they don't exist for the artist which makes the format limited use, no?
>>
File: 519S4-MWr5L.jpg (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
519S4-MWr5L.jpg
50 KB, 500x500
>>60706314
Damn, time to delete everything pre-1955 then.
>>
>bandcamp artist
>only releases EPs
>album covers are all either found images or old photos, no actual intentional designs
>all of this and the music is either a) "chill" or b) basic uninteresting lo-fi indie rock with too much reverb (especially on the vocals)
>>
>>60706205
>Showing that the rockist doesn't actually know what rockism is
>Implying that empty buzzwords solely created to discredit others really mean something
>>
>>60706340
Don't underestimate the retardation of rockists. What's even worse are when they assume that rockism means "likes rock music" so they use "but I like jazz and EDM" when someone calls them out on their rockism.
>>
>>60706343
There's no such thing as "too much reverb"
>>
>>60707122
i wanna strangle you right now desu
>>
>>60706205
Worst b8 i've seen today
>>
Why can't we engage with actual ideas instead of these arbitrary cultural strawmen?

Plenty of artists use the album as an artistic tool, but that doesn't mean its the only valid way to appreciate music or communicate musical meaning.
>>
>>60707122
fuck you i cringed
>>
>>60707163
These are autists, mate. It has to be one thing or the other, 100% of the time.
>>
>>60707265
The image is literally opposing the "one thing or the other" attitude.
>>
>>60707325
No it's not. It's implying that albums are ALWAYS a commercial entity, and that concept albums are NEVER valid.
>>
>>60706323
Damn dude, just listen to it however you want. There's no "right way" to listen to it.
>>
>>60706323
contain your autism and stop trying to bait rockists into an argument with you
>>
TPAB would be garbage if it wasn't a concept album desu.
>>
"not true, by the way"

- Piero Scaruffi
>>
>>60706205
I cannot even describe how fucking stupid and ignorant you are. You seriously think all singles are contained in albums and compilations? THE OPPOSITE IS FUCKING TRUE, THE VAST, VAST, VAST MAJORITY OF SINGLES ARE JUST FUCKING SINGLES, YOU STUPID FUCKS. HOW FUCKING NEW TO MUSIC ARE YOU? DID YOU START LISTENING TO MUSIC LAST YEAR?

I KNOW FOR A FUCKING FACT THAT YOU HAVE NO EXPLORED BEYOND THE MUCORE ESSENTIALS, SCARUFFI/FANTANO PICKS, AND TOP CHARTS. YOU STUPID, NEWFAG, SHITTERS.

I FUCKING HATE IDIOTS WHO ONLY LISTEN TO POP/ROCK, HOLY FUCK, ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.

DECADES OF FUCKING MUSIC

DECADES

YOU FUCKING RETARDS

YOU HAVE SHIT TASTE, AND YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MUSIC.

FUCKING

KILL

YOURSELF
>>
>>60706340
>>60706314
>>60706279
It's like listening to a single movement in a symphony vs. listening to the entire symphony. Pretty hard to argue that a single movement trumps an entire well executed symphony in terms of quality. I wouldn't argue that the only artistically complete form of musical expression is an album, but pulling together a bunch of different but thematically unified pieces into a single entity is better than a disconnected single or movement most of the time.
>>
File: 2015-11-30_143329.png (2 MB, 1642x6883) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-30_143329.png
2 MB, 1642x6883
why do people do this? there are pages of this thread in the archive, OP has spammed it about a hundred times. even if there was something to discuss at the beginning there can be no rational reason for this level of shitposting
>>
some serious projecting in this thread desu.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.