[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /mu/ thrift?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: vinyl-stack-460x306.jpg (43 KB, 460x306) Image search: [Google]
vinyl-stack-460x306.jpg
43 KB, 460x306
Does /mu/ thrift for vinyls?
>>
There's like 5-10 vinyl shops in the philippines
>>
>>60705912
You mean vinyl or record not vinyls you tard
>>
>>60705940
u ok?
>>
>>60705912
All the records at Goodwill are shitty polka records from the 50s. I don't bother anymore.
>>
>>60705932
FUCK THE PHILLIPINES
THEY CAN FILL UP MY ASS
>>
>>60705964
My goodwill has a fucking stack of records and it's unorganized like fuck, It's hard to go through it
>>
The only luck I've had at goodwill lately is what i called "the trade paperback loophole"

goodwill had two price points for books $6 for hardback and $3 for paperback which is intended for pocketsize paperbacks but they'd put like $25 cover price trade paperbacks with them for $3

otherwise lately I've just been scouring ebay for undervalued stuff

$180 total

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for another one of these.
>>
>>60705912
Yeah, the thrift shop where I live has a pretty decent supply of classical. And soundtracks, so I picked up Morricone's Once Upon a Time for 50 cents. Pretty good shape.
>>
>>60705996
>and it's unorganized like fuck
Another reason why I don't bother. It's just one shelf with all the records thrown in there. Not alphabetized or anything. Normally I wouldn't care, because it's kinda cool to find something decent out of the blue. But like I said, it's 99% shitty polka music or Christmas albums by poor saps who had their 15 seconds of fame and were forgotten.
>>
The best luck I've had with LPs at my local thrift shops are MBV - Loveless and a 2xLP original cast recording of Les Miserables, both of which were in amazing condition and each only cost me $1. As for CDs, well, here's what I can remember getting from there off the top of my head, again for only $1 each: Tom Waits - Bone Machine, Themselves - Free Houdini, Deltron 3030, Foo Fighters - One By One, DJ Shadow - Endtroducing, Marvin Gaye - Midnight Love, Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2, Herbie Hancock - Head Hunters, the Breeders - Last Splash, El-P - Cancer 4 Cure. That same thrift store also hooked me up with a really good German made vintage solid-state stereo receiver for about $30, as well as a fine and functioning 8-track player for $8.

Not music related, but my best ever thrift store find was a working NES with 1 working controller, a working Zapper, power cable, RF unit and Mario/Duck Hunt for a grand total of $3. Those kind old ladies had no clue what they were even selling me. The lady at the counter said she thought it was a VCR at first.
>>
>>60705932
a country with 100 million citizens and 10 record stores?
>>
Love going to thrift shops. Found a lot of neat records that Ive used for samples or electronics that I've fixed or re-purposed. Found a lot of decent furniture and nice camera lenses too
>>
>>60705964
>>60705996
My goodwill is like this as well, but recently I went in and someone had dropped off what appeared to be their entire collection of meh-tier 90's hip hop. Got myself a Snoop Dogg album for $1 that fine day.

Typically I just buy used (or new if I really like the band) at my local shop though
>>
Found miseducation of lauryn hill and some smiths cd. Also, Beach Boys double lp, Ventures record, Best of Steppenwolf
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.