[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good start with Merzbow?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: merzbeat.png (1 MB, 733x727) Image search: [Google]
merzbeat.png
1 MB, 733x727
Is this a good start with Merzbow?
>>
He's staring at us
>>
>>60705339
Yes merzbeat is among his best albums
>>
>best merzbow album
>best
>merzbow
>album
>>
What's stopping me from stealing someone's riff and then putting it in a constant loop and I just reverb the fuck out of it and feed it plugins until it sounds like popcorn in the microwave and then I just record myself screaming and layer it 3 minutes in and finish "my song" and then I photoshop a picture of wooden baby blocks next to a pyramid and slap a name on it like "nutseed library" and then I keep doing this until you faggots find my shit and start eating it up
>>
>>60705339
>rateyourmusic score is below 3.0
this is shit
>>
>>60706474

Something tell me you've already done something like that
>>
>>60706474
What is stopping you? lol. You should probably think things through before you type out a comment
>>
>>60706478
Believing RYM when all the diturbed albums are above 2.5

Harsh noise isn't very mainstream u fag.
>>
I'd start with his earlier collages just so you don't think all his material is digital harsh noise.

Maybe "Material Action 2 N.A.M." is a good place to start. If you want to get into his digital stuff, start with 1930.
>>
>>60706474
Fucking do it, I'd listen to that shit.
>>
What are some Merzbow releases that won't bust my headphones?
>>
Start with Hybrid Noisebloom
>>
>>60707229
all of them
don't have your volume so high
>>
>>60706505
Merzbeat isn't "digital harsh noise" either anon, nor are his newer works
>>
>>60707417
most of the shit after Cloud Cock OO Grand is considered to be the "digital" (as in usage of DAT) era of Merzbow. He doesn't use tape loops that much anymore. I thought that was a well-known fact...
>>
doors open at 8am
>>
File: flowchart_merzbow.png (501 KB, 1600x713) Image search: [Google]
flowchart_merzbow.png
501 KB, 1600x713
>>60705339
I only listened to 1930 and really like it. Try follow this chart.
Merzbeat is going to be the next for me
>>
>>60707517
WTF, Flare Gun is way harder than Pulse Demon
>>
>>60705429
damn...
>>
>>60706474
>What's stopping me from stealing someone's riff and then putting it in a constant loop and I just reverb the fuck out of it and feed it plugins until it sounds like popcorn in the microwave and then I just record myself screaming and layer it 3 minutes in and finish "my song"
Nothing, you have sufficiently changed the original material to give it the status of work of art. You're legally entitled to do this if you wish.
>>
>>60705339
Yeah it's pretty decent, but 1930 the best of his albums that I've heard. Pulse Demon sucks dick, don't listen to it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.