[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /poor and scared for the future musician/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1448265898146.jpg (132 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1448265898146.jpg
132 KB, 960x640
Who /poor and scared for the future musician/ here?
>>
you're not gonna make it bro
>>
starving is part of being a musician.

Like how to achieve wizard powers you must abstain from sex.
>>
File: DUDE WEED.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
DUDE WEED.png
13 KB, 418x359
>>60703184
why are people even capable of dreaming if dreams just crush you every single day until a little piece of them comes true?

shouldnt evolution have just taken care of this by now? Why haven't humans just become robots pre-programmed at birth to follow all the necessary actions and protocols required to live a sucessful and healthy life. Its like any forum of self expression is always destined to come off as depressing as fuck because expressing yourself in a society made for not expressing yourself is a brutally depressing action in of itself
>>
File: aXm4829xjU.jpg (88 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
aXm4829xjU.jpg
88 KB, 650x650
>>60703281
Because for society to evolve we need self expression to push it forward.

newton wouldn't of revolutionized science without being autistic enough to spend 6 years on it.
>>
>>60703148
are you the same op who got caught jerking off while blasting taylor swift
>>
baka desu senpai
>>
why do people hold onto the idea that things will work out in their favor? do you think you're so entitled that you'll "make it"? if you're not about starving for your art then you're not worth making a living off of it.
>>
>>60703406
aaron ccan you take a pic holding your phone to your ear while making a serious face pls ill suck your aussie cock
>>
File: wpid-giphy-5.gif (511 KB, 245x104) Image search: [Google]
wpid-giphy-5.gif
511 KB, 245x104
>>60703380
why is this still remembered that was nearly a week ago, also this time its actually music related

>>60703406
pls b my friend and jam with me aaron
>>
>>60703436
nigga, everybody wants to be able to live off their art, thats the goal.

"Making it" doesnt mean playing stadiums and making a shit ton of dosh, it just means you get to the point where you can do what you love and survive in a room with 4 walls a roof a shower and the occasional loaf of bread
>>
>>60703406
i'll buy one but you have to jizz on it
>>
>>60703667
aaron for fucks sake do you know what sleep is
thos dark circles jesus
>>
>>60703503
>nigga, everybody wants to be able to live off their art, thats the goal.

i never want to make money off of my art

>"Making it" doesnt mean...

pathetic that you think profiting off of art is artistic fulfillment. if you're doing anything worthwhile you're most likely going to be met with disdain at the current time. odd jobs are for surviving.
>>
>>60703406
>$35
>making bank
not in this economy friendo
>>
>>60703667
more serious
almost angry

please
>>
>>60703750
okay yes i agree with you to an extent, but would you rather make enough money to sustain yourself off your art, allowing you to spend more time practicing your craft or would you rather spend the time you could be practicing at an odd job
>>
I want to draw comics. This is an even more fruitless endeavor. That doesn't mean I'm not going to do it. Don't worry about "making it." Make art for you. Put it out into the world. If people like it, you might see some financial reward from it. If they don't you got better at what you like to do and you enjoyed yourself in the process, time to work on the next project.
>>
>>60703806
i work and have free time to practice

you don't have to practice 24/7. i have about 10 hours a day to work on my stuff when i factor in necessary sleep.

also when i refer to making money off my art i mean making money for auxiliary things. cassettes and albums i sell go towards making more cassettes and paying for gas or something.
>>
>>60703876
Drawing comics is way more fruitful. I can get some nice amount of money quickly by coloring and drawing/inking some characters. It's about mixing what's popular and finding the right audience.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.