[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the shit did he say?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: BOYCEORBOICE.jpg (3 MB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
BOYCEORBOICE.jpg
3 MB, 1425x1425
Name some songs that you had to look up the lyrics for, to fully understand what the vocalist was saying or the instrumentals faded out the words.
>>
File: 1405571836341.jpg (22 KB, 567x567) Image search: [Google]
1405571836341.jpg
22 KB, 567x567
>>60702717
Listening to Sunbather at the moment.
I have no clue on what this guy is screaming.
>>
File: Converge-JaneDoe.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Converge-JaneDoe.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
i love this album but for years i was certain that there are no lyrics at all and jacobs just growling wordlessly for the whole thing
then recently i got talking to a friend about the album and he started talking about how good the lyrics are and i was like "what lyrics you fucking idiot theres no words"
then he showed me the lyrics
still cant hear them when i listen to the album
wtf
>>
>>60702717
This is such an underrated album. Pontiac is one of the best trax of year.
>>
>>60702828
I'm surprised you'd think he was just making up growling noises. You'd think there'd be more depth to it.
>>
File: 7138uUNwrYL._SL1500_.jpg (105 KB, 1500x1347) Image search: [Google]
7138uUNwrYL._SL1500_.jpg
105 KB, 1500x1347
>>60702717
half the tracks are unintelligible without a lyrics sheet
>>
>>60703226
not really, i always felt like the instrumentation speaks for itself and the voice was just another instrument in the clusterfuck
>>
>>60702828
i feel like the lyrics are totally separate entity to the vocals. you've got to listen to the songs and then read the lyrics, that's intentional.
i love converge too.
>>
>>60702828
every deafheaven album applies to this as well
>>
Most shoegaze
Most metal
Rosetta comes to mind as one of the most notorious since they bury the fuck out of their vocals and rarely publish official lyrics, I have to listen to the song many times and take notes estimating what the words are. A shame since they're so good.
>>
File: cover.jpg (409 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
409 KB, 1024x1024
>>60703260
I didn't had much issues with it.
This thing however, is impossible to discern. Still great though.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.