[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: patricianfork.png (103 KB, 418x455) Image search: [Google]
patricianfork.png
103 KB, 418x455
Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's 5 new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.

10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Lindsay "qt feminist" Zoladz? [retired patrician, memory lives on forever]
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Larry "retired BNM godfather" Fitzmaurice?
Craig "Meme Rap" Jenkins?
qt Kim "retired Meal Goddess now at Noisey" Kelly?
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Meaghan “retired trap queen" Garvey?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp?
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?

Will someone dethrone the holy quadrology of Kendrick Lamar/Sufjan Stevens/Jamie xx/Tame "the Instagram of rock bands" Impala's 9.3 for AOTY?

More importantly, will someone dethrone the dynamic duo of Titus Andronicus and Beach House for best 8.1 of the year?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2015 BNM Tally: 44

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>Tonight's Top Stories
-Early post tonight! Hope those in the States had a nice Thanksgiving, and everyone else around the globe didn’t miss the hypetrain threads too much.
-Where were you when Animal Collective debuted their newest record in an airport bathroom? http://pitchfork.com/news/62275-animal-collective-reportedly-streaming-new-album-in-baltimore-airport-right-now/
-End of 2015 lists are coming soon, friends. Be prepared.
-Godspeed to everyone who has finals coming up but are /mu/ shitposting instead of studying or writing papers. (It’s not just me, right? Welp.)
-This thread hypes and supports Sunn O))), Baroness, Pusha T, and… um… fuck, I think that’s it. Wow.
>>
fuck pitchfork
>>
Sorry, but since Conde Nast, it's no longer worth following Pitchfork.
>>
Will the new Robin Pecknold (Fleet Foxes) cover get BNT?
That dissonant part in the middle was damn good, it'd be great if he made new Fleet Foxes music with that same style.
>>
im just not feeling it anymore guys
>>
Christmas album edition
>>
So when's the next Burial record coming out? Will p4k finally pan that hack?
>>
when are the year end lists? December 14th-18th?
>>
>>60699409
:ok_hand:
>>
>>60699309
THIS. I don't need the le reddit circle jerk to start covering music through their SWJ filter lens!
>>
>>60699456
probably
>>
>>60699219
my man someone reupped the pitchfork rar please include it in the future senpai

https://mega.nz/#!zoQGBCYK!evBav1uwKekImmse6g35z2lRgdGXxxUh8nyVSTyShl0
>>
>>60699318
the dissonant part was tight (reminded me of the free jazz section in the shrine/an argument) but man those vocal harmonies/resolution at the songs conclusion were incredible. really pullin for a new album in 2016.

>Since occasionally, a new cover photo or profile picture precedes big news, we've reached out to the band's representatives for comment.
>tfw pitchfork is just as much in the dark as we are
>>
>>60699219
only people that read pitchfork actually refer to themselves as patricians
>>
File: 1448852665516.png (206 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
1448852665516.png
206 KB, 1440x2560
new anco songle tomorrow, get hype boys. leak by christmas, mpp vol. 2 starting all over again, we are officially entering the second golden age of indie music.

>This thread hypes and supports Sunn O))), Baroness, Pusha T, and… um… fuck, I think that’s it. Wow.

don't forget the pope's album. pray for a dombal review.
>>
>>60700862
>Songle
Classic Avey
>>
>>60700862
Are we actually expecting MPP 2.0? Was the airport bathroom music that good?
>>
File: Pleasure To Meet You.jpg (296 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Pleasure To Meet You.jpg
296 KB, 960x960
Dead Sara - Pleasure To Meet You 8.3 BNM
>>
Get well, Sinéad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaS3vaNUYgs
>>
File: sixpointzero.png (1 MB, 1219x720) Image search: [Google]
sixpointzero.png
1 MB, 1219x720
>>60700700
That's so demonstrably false that I'm not even sure why you'd try to b8 with that.
>>
i noticed the new MIA song has nearly a million views already (on youtube, who knows how many on the official apple music upload). are /pol/-types actually upset by this?
>>
>>60701162
desu i haven't listened to the bathroom recordings yet cause they're fucking bathroom recordings. also, deak ain't on this album as with mpp, so who knows.
>>
>>60701807
the youtube comments are very bad.
>>
>>60701878
>youtube comments are very bad.

You don't say.
>>
>>60699219
Frank Ocean will make a D'Angelo move and release the new album in the last week of the year avoiding most year-end lists
>>
>>60702013
no, I did say.
>>
no SOPHIE hype?
>>
>>60700680
I bet it'll happen, there's no way Robin only made a single cover song with Neal fucking Morgan and Gabe Wax.
It might not be "Fleet Foxes" though, it could end up being a solo album but based on the strength of that cover I wouldn't mind at all
>>
Daily reminder that Kendrick was robbed
>>
SURPRISE PAINTING WITH ANCO 10.0 AOTY ALL YEARS TONIGHT
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6139717
>>
>>60702451
sophie 9.0 but not on aoty lists
>>
>>60703393
nah more like 8.1 no bnm. pc music hype train kinda been fallin off.
>>
PRAY FOR FOO FIGHTERS
IT'S A MASSACRE
>>
god bless ian cohen. thanks for posting everyone.
>>
Will Ty Segall ever get a BNM?

The hunt continues.
>>
>>60701211
http://strawpoll.me/6139769
>>
>>60703391
>the magic whip is winning

t r i g g e r e d
>>
>>60703456
He did once, but he probably has more close calls that aren't BNM's than anyone
>>
>>60703391
>The Magic Whip
It's clearly Blur or Modern Life.
FFS, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that a lot of /mu/tants here are underage and had nevre actually listened to Blur until TMW came out.
>>
3 close calls this evening, dang they decided to return with a semi-eventful night
>>
who the fuck are the foo fighters?
>>
>beat happening pan
>fucking months after the compilation was released
YES I'M MAD
>>
>>60703552

An 8.2 isn't a pan, you autist.
>>
>>60703568
>no BNR
yes it's a pan fuck off ryan
>>
>>60703552
8.2 is literally the best possible score to get from the fork tbqh. very high and good score, but not a meme-able one.
>>
Ty Segall got a "You Made a Decent Album but Your Promotion Team Didn't Purchase one of our BNM Review Packages" 8.1 no BNM
>>
BEACH HOUSE = AOTY
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.