[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion of Julia Holter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Have You in My Wilderness Cover.jpg (146 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Have You in My Wilderness Cover.jpg
146 KB, 1000x1000
Is pic related her best album? Anything else of hers worth checking out?
>>
>What's your opinion of Julia Holter?
Favourable
>Is pic related her best album?
No, it's her worst, by a wide margin
>Anything else of hers worth checking out?
Yes, everything she's done
>>
Check out her other albums. Have You in My Wilderness isn't her best work but it's still of very high caliber. In many ways I look at it as a rarities album because of the reworks of older songs. I don't like the new version of Sea Calls Me Home, but Betsy on the Roof is outstanding and probably the best on the album. Feel You and Vasquez are both top notch also.

LCS > Ekstasis > Tragedy > Wilderness
>>
>>60698312
>This forced meme
At least revise it dumbass.
>>
>>60698312
It's not but you're saying that like it's a bad thing
>>
>>60698043

That's actually her worst.

Loud City Song and Tragedy are 10/10 and 9/10 respectively.
>>
>>60698487
This meme pasta has been posted months ago. At least revise if you're actually gonna meme it.
>>
>>60698068
>>60698605
>>60698279
Found the butthurt avant-teen plebs that are mad more people know about Julia and that she's not making Tragedy over and over.
>>
>all these people saying it's her worst by a wide margin
>I think it's her best by a wide margin

Her other work is good but never completely did it for me, but this shit is goddamn tremendous, definitely in my top 3 AOTYs
>>
>>60698684
Okay aaron
>>
>>60698675

found the cancerous poptimist
>>
LCS > HYIMW > Eks = Trag
>>
>>60698748
Even the poppiest songs on the album (Feel You, Everytime Boots) are still wonderfully composed and have interesting structures and the greatest songs on the album (Vasquez, Lucette, Betsy) aren't anywhere close to top 40 pop in the slightest.

>>60698715
I'm not sure if it tops LCS for me, but HYIMW is a remarkable album and easily one of my favorites of the year. The few people here who are hating it are definitely in the minority though, most people recognize as an excellent album.
>>
>>60698675
Are you proud of this post

>>60698715
To be fair I can totally see how the things I disliked about it could be positives in someone else's eyes, especially if it was someone who wasn't really feeling her previous work
You're fine m8
>>
Nah, it's her worst with Ekstasis.
>>
>>60698829
Spotted the fag. How the fuck can you not like tracks like Our Sorrows or Boy In The Moon?
>>
>>60698043
I like her because if you change the order of her last name and replace the O with an I you get "Hitler"
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.