[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is better than madvillain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: MM__Food 1.jpg (247 KB, 1425x1414) Image search: [Google]
MM__Food 1.jpg
247 KB, 1425x1414
This is better than madvillain
>>
nah. i like the lad back feel but DOOM was already sinking into lazy-mode here. way too many skits as well, though at least they're mostly concentrated to one part of the album. imo, madlib really stole the show on madvillainy tho, so i'd say DOOM's best performance as an mc is on vaudeville villain.

in terms of production vomitspit is one of his best, i have to say.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 480x480
This is better than both
>>
>>60688764
MADVILLIAN was his best work imo
>>
File: Nehruvian-Doom.jpg (78 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Nehruvian-Doom.jpg
78 KB, 450x450
Was Doom mocking Bishop Nerhu with their LP? It's like the whole album is reminding how much better an MC Doom is at this naive kids expense.
>>
>>60688858
The skits are a sort of filler, but at least they're more tolerable than the guest rappers on madvillain.
>>
>>60689042
But Wildchild was the only weak one featured? I thought MED was fine.
>>
>>60689222
MED was fine, but weak compared to the Doom performance is sort of interrupted.
>>
>>60689323
Yeah, I see your point. He was good, but DOOM only getting one verse on Raid was kinda disappointing, especially since it's one of the best instrumentals. DOOM was def smart to limit the guest features on both TMTYL and Mm..Food.

I also know that a lot of people take issue with Madlib's flow (or lack thereof) but I fuckin love Lord Quas, so I was happy with those appearances.
>>
>>60688972
I'd probably buy this album just by looking at the cover if I didn't know what it was. Too bad I would be really fucking disappointed.
>>
>>60689408
Actually, I'm misremembering - TMTYL had TOO MANY features lol. Don't know what I was fuckin thinking there.
>>
>>60689408
What do people not like Madlib's flow?
Dude, his verse is the best part of America's Most Blunted
>>
>>60688764
I disagree but I definitely think it's better than Operation: DOOMSDAY
>>
>>60689435
>What do people not like Madlib's flow?
I don't know, man. It's probably because it's very idiosyncratic but I think it's ace. I always love the back and forth between Madlib and Lord Quas.
>>
>>60689485
That shit is always awesome. To me it plays out in a way that makes it seem like Madlib is in his head talking to himself instead of rapping as two different people
>>
>>60689485
I also love how the samples he uses acts as responses and tools for his to build his verse off of

>>60689541
It's pretty fantastic, I gotta say
God, is Madlib a talented guy or what?
>>
>>60689574
Madlib is pretty godly not going to lie
> does shrooms for months on end and comes up with lord quas
> can play several instruments and has an entire jazz quintet made of nobody but himself
> fathered (with j dilla) the beat scene in l.a. and beyond
> put out an album every month for a year, each one well thought out and different
What can't he do?
>>
>>60689433
to be fair, its' supposed to be monsta island czars 2.0, so it makes sense to bring back some of the crew

>>60689574
>>I also love how the samples he uses acts as responses and tools for his to build his verse off of
this stuff is what makes madlibs stuff such a blast to listen to
listening to madlib is not listening to some MC rhyme OVER dope beats, its hearing an MC rhyme TO dope beats. the beats and rhymes are inseparable, making his songs unique and very memorable
>>
>>60688882
it was shit though
>>
>>60688882

word
>>
>>60689662
I know this is going to come of rude, but I'm willing to seem rude in order to improve your grammar.

saying 'not going to lie' here is unnecessary. why would i think you're going to lie? It ads nothing to the sentence and risks making you seem like youre trying to sound smarter by adding more words to your sentence.

I used to say 'honeslty....' at the beginning of my sentences, and someone once told me off like i'm doing, and i really appreciated it. i hope you i can be as much help as that anon was to me.

apologies if you find this offensive
>>
>>60689747
Actually one of my favorite releases of his
>>
>>60689792
No I'm not offended, just a bit confused as to waste your time with that justification?
>>
>>60689839
i'm avoiding studying
>>
>>60689853
Ah well thanks, it is something I do in real life that I dislike and apparently I do it in text too. Fml
>>
anybody else think that VV2 isn't as bad as people say?
its not as good as his good stuff, but it is still fun
>>
I wish madlib was my Uncle and Doom was my English teacher.
>>
Official Top 5 DOOM power ranking:

1. Vaudeville Villain
2. Take Me To Your Leader
3. Mm.. Food
4. Operation Doomsday
5. Madvillainy
>>
>>60688764
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7faRubyT_k but still not as sick as this
>>
>>60690078
if I took away your memes would you have any personality?
>>
>>60690233
it would be extremely painful
>>
>>60689975
>TMTYL
>top 5 anything
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.