[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whirr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Whirr.jpg (69 KB, 432x287) Image search: [Google]
Whirr.jpg
69 KB, 432x287
Anyone else feel a bit bad for Whirr? I mean they didn't do anything that bad And if they are to be believed it wasn't even them that posted the stuff about G.L.O.S.S.

Peoples opinions on this?
>>
as a really big whirr fan, I can't really feel bad for them considering they knew just what they were going up against and I don't see how they could've imagined any other outcome happening besides this one. that being said though, I will always love their music, bassett is a pal, and gloss is awful
>>
>>60685241
No I don't feel bad, just like those viet cong goofs
Certain people you don't fuck with unless you got ur shit straight where you don't need ppl
and they broke that rule
>>
>>60685298
Good point, It's just a shame that they're being attacked by all these SJWs. They are a band of 5 people, It's a shame one persons opinion can defame and ruin a bands career. i really don't see them making a comeback from this.
>>
>>60685596
it's unfortunate because you're probably right. and I know bassett personally, he really isn't transphobic. his sense of humor is/was just that of a slightly mature 12 year old lol. it only makes sense that sjdubs are attacking because they made up Whirr's fanbase to begin with which is why it was such a big deal when they started saying "problematic" things to fans on social media. at the end of the day though, I think the whole thing is funny and it'll never cease to amaze me how people can't seperate art from artist. but I'm sure we'll hear new music from bassett whether it be whirr or something new.
>>
>>60685241
The biggest shame about all of this is that G.L.O.S.S. makes absolutely trash music and are simply coasting by on their beliefs, where Whirr were coasting by on their music and shot down because of their beliefs. It's a popularity contest. A shallow, guilt driven knee-jerk reaction by Run for Cover to protect it's bank account because it's entire fanbase is made up of SJWs and not music fans.

Whirr's music is still fairly mediocre, though, so I'm not too upset.
>>
>>60685323
but viet cong didn't fuck with anybody
>>
>>60685926
Nick Bassett is a shithead. I met him at a Nothing & Ceremony shows & both times he was a fucking dick. Too bad he's musically talented, but fuck that dude, so full of himself.
>>
>>60686735
lol you clearly don't understand that almost every word uttered from his mouth is not meant to be taken seriously. he's crashed on my couch many times. we've discussed his shoegaze formula and how lots of his writing is very samey. he's very self aware.
>>
>>60686964
just cause he's aware that he's not bringing anything new to the table doesn't mean whirr is any better
>>
>>60687016
and that isn't what i was trying to say. what i was trying to say is that bassett is a pal if you're not an 18-20 year old tumblr/4chan kid trying to get a word in at a show.
>>
>>60686964
Ah glad he acknowledges that he makes a career ripping off 90s shoegaze bands.

>I actually own a Whirr shirt & love Distressor and Pipe Dreams though

I just think he's an idiot for the GLOSS thing, he shoulda know this would happen.
>>
jesus christ this thread

>2015
>calling people SJW unironically

lmao grow up
>>
>>60687196
Are your feelings hurt?
>>
>>60687196
go listen to gloss pussy
>>
>>60687083
I agree, I don't know what he was thinking lol hardcore kids are already the most cliquey annoying bunch of people involved in underground music. going up against them + sjdubs just spells disaster. it was a valiant effort with an atrocious outcome. not to mention the "my friend did it" back pedaling. definitely the final nail in the coffin.
>>
Nothing they said was wrong, just offensive to brainwashed retards. Don't see why they had to make that apology, SJWs wouldn't forgive them even if every member chopped their penis off and claimed to be a girl. Their music still sucks, btw.
>>
>>60687196
>being a SJW unironically

lmao grow up
>>
Why apologize now? It seems so weird. Whirr were so unapologetically dickish to internet nerds for a couple years now. Why fold just because you pissed of some candyboys who make shitty music?
>>
>>60688780
because they're POOR now
>>
>>60688840
not Bassett atleast.

Nothing is pretty goddamn successful. He has to be making some money from that project.
>>
File: WH.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
WH.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
Distressor was good. Everything after is utter shit (Yes including Pipe Dreams).

They have been internet cunts for the last 2 years and it finally bit them in the ass.

I laughed and gave maybe 1 fuck.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.