[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
recommend me stuff that sounds like or is similar to chelsea wolfe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: chelsea wo.jpg (170 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
chelsea wo.jpg
170 KB, 1500x1500
recommend me stuff that sounds like or is similar to chelsea wolfe
>>
Evanescence and similar scene bullshit
>>
Mirrorring - Foreign Body
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-0UbbD8sfo
>>
>>60681880

Soap&Skin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUXIvO8uaEQ
>>
>>60681880
pj harvey
>>
>>60681880
Emma Ruth Rundle: Some Heavy Ocean
>>
>>60681880
is cool n all but hows her foot game yo
>>
>tfw she won't go back to making acoustic stuff
>>
>>60684393
Abyss was originally going to be an acoustic album, so she'll probably go back soon.
>>
File: tumblr_nvrbfygtx71t1r0pco3_500.jpg (68 KB, 500x583) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvrbfygtx71t1r0pco3_500.jpg
68 KB, 500x583
>>60681908
Ignore the niggers. Marissa Nadler is similar to Chelsea Wolfe. Nothing can top Chelsea imo, but PJ Harvey, Widowspeak, and Emma Ruth Rundle are great too. Also, check out King Dude. She did two splits with him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU7FbqjNrlo
>>
>>60686092
Well I do like metal, and her metal stuff is fine, but I don't think it matched what she was trying to do for Abyss. Too loud and crisp sounding for something involving sleep and dreams.
>>
>>60686092
I wish it had of bin
after unknown rooms and apokalypsis pain is beauty and abyss were so disappointing
>>
>>60686500
I agree, Apokalypsis is more hazy/dreamy than Abyss. I love abyss, but it definitely doesn't hold up to the previous releases. I'm hoping she'll do more electronic or more Apokalypsis stuff down the road, but honestly she can do no wrong. I listen to a ton of metal, and play in a metal band, so i hear it all the time. I listen to chelsea wolfe to get away from metal. But she released a metal album...
>>
>>60686567
Abyss is great, very hard hitting album, but I do hope she goes back to her previous styles. It suited her better.
>>
>>60686593
the thing is apokalypsis was so distinctive, she really found a sound that she did so well and no one else really does and then PiB and Abyss were kind of generic, like they could have been anybody really. I agree Abyss was an improvement on PiB tho
>>
>>60686638
Pain is Beauty is very unique in my opinion. Apokalypsis is my all time favorite album, but I love Pain is Beauty almost as much. It's a bit less unique but still absolutely incredible.
>>
>>60686593
>It suited her better.
This is exactly what I mean.

Her voice is very smooth and feminine, and it gets lost in the mix of aggressive guitars and bass.

And going to work with a professional producer in order to have a mix where she won't get drowned out from that moves her away from the hazy style that makes her whole aesthetic work.
>>
>>60681985
I think this is a good comparison that isnt too obvious but is still legtiimate. Love CW and Soap and skin.

If you want something thats similar but not quite as good King Woman is a good choice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0BfpNyx-ck
>>
I can't listen to her music without becoming extremely depressed. It wasn't good for me.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.