[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
albums you hate that you've listened more than 10 times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: shit.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
albums you hate that you've listened more than 10 times to see if you change your mind but you don't, it's still not good for you
>>
File: TPAB.jpg (119 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
TPAB.jpg
119 KB, 1000x1000
>>
File: loveless.jpg (109 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
loveless.jpg
109 KB, 660x660
>album you hate
>more than 10 listens

jfc what
why
the most times i've ever listened to an album i hate was like 6 or 7 times (pic related) and even then only because it's basically the most critically acclaimed album ever and i want to know what the entire world sees in it
still have no idea and i've pretty much given up now, definitely couldn't make it to 10
>>
File: Folder.jpg (212 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
212 KB, 600x600
>>
>>60675181
wew lad
>>
>>60675181
Question: what don't you see in it, I want to try to give you a different perspective.
>>
>>60675185
explain yourself.
>>
>>60675197
i dont love it either. its only maybe a 5 desu. give your perspective.
>>
File: Troutmask_COVER600px.jpg (373 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Troutmask_COVER600px.jpg
373 KB, 600x600
>>
>>60675260
I like like 4 songs off of it and his stuff with LUM, but besides that nothing piques my interest much. It feels that the mix of beat, flow and lyrics are just snoozers for me completely, maybe I need to listen to it when I'm tired or something? Maybe you can offer me some introspection or look at it a different way?
>>
>>60675197
>what don't you see in it
anything
i listen to it and i hear a generic ass 90s pop album that's been drowned in massive amounts of reverb and guitar effects in a feeble attempt to cover up how ridiculously uninspired it all is
>>
>>60675143
I don't know how you do it, I've listened to it 0,3 and can't get to like it. I can't even go on with the album.
Why's the hype there when there isn't anything to get hype'd over ?
>>
File: sunn-o-and-ulver-terrestrials.jpg (94 KB, 700x715) Image search: [Google]
sunn-o-and-ulver-terrestrials.jpg
94 KB, 700x715
Recently moved to Washington from California, this was the only CD I had in my car. I must have listened to it over 9000 times during a month's time or so. I am utterly sick of it. First listen was great, but repeating it over and over made me hate it.
>>
>>60675335
Hmm
The way I see it, the way they wash it in effects is what makes it great (and it's quite a lot more than just reverb, but I'm not gonna sperg out about that). Another thing that makes it great is the really creative way Kevin Barnes handles a guitar, with constant use of his whammy bar. It also has a great flow, which a lot of albums don't have going for them. It's definitely a record that you have to let wash over you. If you don't think too hard about it or try to analyze the song structure or whatever, it's insanely easy for it to totally envelop your mind.

Also, listen to it LOUD.
>>
File: Yeezus.jpg (212 KB, 1446x1267) Image search: [Google]
Yeezus.jpg
212 KB, 1446x1267
I always get hyped listening to some singles but then i listened to the album and like '5/10
>>
>>60675181
take drugs. This album is like watching galactics crushing itselves, its not ultimately pleasure, but looking in eyes of god cant be pleasurable. This album is as painful and overwhelming as 10/10 masterpiece must be
>>
>>60675517
Who's Kevin Barnes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Bloody_Valentine_(band)
>>
>>60675335
>>60675517
Both of these posts are cringeworthy desu
>>
>>60675302
I guess that is why it is called "Loveless" !

Because the band is lacking the love of many people who do not like, or in this case, love, their record album! LOL!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.