[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who do people not care about art anymore? How is it that in 2015,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Who do people not care about art anymore? How is it that in 2015, you can watch some of the IMDb's top 250 movies or listen to Pitchfork's essential albums, and then feel that you have become artistically "cultured". These people don't care about analyzing art, or even listening to other people analyze art. They just want to consume the same media that the "experts" have deemed acceptable, and then either accept it or reject it based solely on "feels" or someone-else's opinion. How has it gotten this bad? Take pic-related for example. This girl has probably never heard an entire Iron Maiden album, but she feels entitled to wearing this shirt because it fits her unoriginal "aesthetic." She can't describe why the shirt looks good, since she is only wearing it to appear trendy and fit in with the other fake hipsters. Le sigh... Will modern society ever breed a generation that genuinely cares about art? Or are we doomed forever?
>>
Me on the left
>>
>>60670059
oh look another Psychoanalysis
>>
>>60670118
>Psychoanalysis
I don't think you know what that word means
>>
>>60670059
Nice pasta you got there, holmes. Did it come with the picture?
>>
>>60670404
wanna push more meme replies on my thread promoting open discusson?
>>
>>60670452
This is a meme thread though. You assume that the girl in the pic is only wearing the shirt for image when you have no idea what her taste is. Then the "Le sigh..." part just hammers down that this is shitty bait. If you're gonna bait, at least make it good.
>>
Patrick le bait man
>>
>>60670059
Consumer culture is just that, the insufferable artistic pretense associated with it may as well be completely dead at this point.

Consumer reviews are really nothing more than simple advertisements.
>>
>>60670059
she's probably a bigger maiden fan than you
>>
>>60670059
Nobody ever cared about art anyway
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.