[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some other catchy funky post-punk albums that sound
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (122 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
122 KB, 1080x1080
What are some other catchy funky post-punk albums that sound like the first track of pic related?
>>
>>60668435
first you need to tell us what does the first track of pic related sound like?
>>
>>60668435
*raises spork*
>>
>>60668529
It goes like dun-dun dun dun dum di dum unce unce unce unce dum-dum dun di dum
>>
Talking Heads (obviously)
Josef K - The Only Fun in Town
The Durutti Column - LC
23 Skidoo - Seven Songs
A Certain Ratio
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ou6jxpz3I
>>
By first track, do you mean the bonus track She is Beyond Good and Evil or the actual first track Thief of Fire?

Also, you DID listen to their other stuff, right? People memepost Y all the time, but there's more to them than that. There are two other studio albums, two albums of oddities and shit, a couple singles and a 34 track live compilation. If you want more of the Pop Group, there's plenty of it.
>>
>>60668435
Well if you want more funk/dub influenced post-punk you can always check out Rip Rig + Panic which has the guitarist/saxophonist from The Pop Group - Gareth Sager, Mark Stewart's solo debut is also quite similar to Y
other than that
Glaxo Babies
Material
Maximum Joy
New Age Steppers and Mothmen should be right up your alley
>>
File: MI0001922621[1].jpg (30 KB, 400x393) Image search: [Google]
MI0001922621[1].jpg
30 KB, 400x393
>>60668435
>>
>>60670602
sick album. anyone who hasn't heard it is missing out.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.