[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Innerspeaker is Tame Impala's best album What do you think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Tame_Impala_Innerspeaker_cover.jpg (71 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
Tame_Impala_Innerspeaker_cover.jpg
71 KB, 410x410
Innerspeaker is Tame Impala's best album

What do you think?
>>
duh
>>
File: wacky blue elephant lmao.png (2 MB, 800x730) Image search: [Google]
wacky blue elephant lmao.png
2 MB, 800x730
lmao
>>
Nah it's Lonerism although I like Innerspeaker more.
>>
i think tame impala sucks dikk :)
>>
is Keep On Lying on that one?

if so then yes, if not then no. simples
>>
Lonerism > Currents > Innerspeaker
>>
Currents>lonerism>innerspeaker
>>
Innerspeaker > Lonerism > Currents
>>
this band that is popular with the cool kids with their coffee and daft haircuts and apple products and vlogs and literally had an instagram picture as their album cover

i don't know if their music is the worst thing ever, but as an entity they sum up basically everything wrong with post-millenials. rock music may never recover from dirge like this
>>
Innerspeaker > Lonerism > Currents

Both Lonerism and Currents have okay tracks on them, but Innerspeaker is the best.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyzPwe9ydB0
>>
>>60666371
Lonerism is my favorite.
>>
>>60667222

I love innerspeaker, but that entire album's sound is basically stolen from that one Dungen song. There's a bassline in there that parker lifted note for note.
>>
>>60667457
what song im interested
>>
>>60666877
this
>>
>>60667011
Thank you for being the voice of reason here
>>
>>60666906
>>60666906
>>60666906
Currents literally is their best. Best sounding, most inventive, taking styles and adding to them. Their psych is lazy, but their 80s influence is transcendent.
>>
Lonerisms goat, innerspeakers great and currents is really good
>>
>>60667520

are you serious, the song in the comment I was replying to.
>>
>>60667011
/thread
>>
>tame impala
>good

lol...
>>
>>60667859
Currents was shit ab breakups lonerism was about the nature of reality one has following an acid trip. Your opinion is shite.
>>
>>60667859
fuckin right
>>
>>60667457
Yeah, I was honestly super disappointed when I heard Dungen because I thought Tame Impala was pretty great and fresh when I first heard it, but you can't say that's just him being influenced, it's borderline larceny. I still enjoy Tame Impala, but now I just get bummed out when I hear bits of Dungen just lifted and put into one of their songs.
But I guess the upside is I found out about Dungen.
>>
>>60667859
seconded. The grooves, melodies, and production are incredible. I think there are only two or three songs that weren't highlights for me on this album, whereas on the previous albums there may have been maybe four highlights each.

The only forgettable songs from Currents were Yes I'm Changing and Gossip.
>>
>>60667859
Currents is not their most inventive. A complete regurgitation of 80s synthpop, basically an 80s version of Innerspeaker.

Lonerism is their most original by far (which isn't saying much).
>>
I thought Currents was boring. I struggled to not skip to the next song.

I have to agree Innerspeaker is best, though I think the band as a whole is shit.
>>
>>60667859

>Currents
>transcendent

lol

Currents may be parker's most sonically dense album, but the songwriting is lazy and obvious on a lot of the tracks. All currents has is lots of polish and detail and a few standout grooves and basslines. Don't even get me started on the lyrics, jesus.

Lonerism and Innerspeaker have charm, Currents is parker getting coked up and forgetting he's a nerd.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.