[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tXHj_EW_ JpQ Thoughts on Keaton
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 640x360
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tXHj_EW_JpQ

Thoughts on Keaton Henson's Charon?
>>
>>60664253
Fucking sad

Also what was his new electronica album
What was he thinking
>>
File: image.jpg (505 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
505 KB, 1417x1417
>>60664555
I'm not a fan of his new album '5 years either'.

Wish he would go back to making the folkish type music that was on 'Dear'.
>>
>>60664664
I think it would be artistically dishonest for him to continue with folk tbqh
He ran out of sincere things to say somewhere halfway through Birthdays
It's important to grow as an artist, and Keaton is a visual artist too, so he's probably not going to stop with the experimentation
>>
>>60664892
What do you think about this recent recording?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eGFYliYE7rQ
>>
>>60664892
>He ran out of sincere things to say somewhere halfway through Birthdays
Damn, that's too bad. I was just about to move on to that.

I don't think I'd want Dear over and over again. And Keaton isn't a musician first and foremost so IMO anything after Dear is just the cherry on top.
>>
>>60664932
I actually just found this video yesterday for the first time
I can't hear anything but a thinly veiled cry for help in that song, if he's seriously continuing with his folk aesthetic (plus lame glasses)
If he's simply continuing that style out of comfort and knowledge that people will love it, it's almost like his sincerity spins into self parody
>>
>>60665047
Giveit a listen, it has some great songs.
>>
>>60665047
>>60665722

Yeah, my favorite song of his—Lying to You—is on that album. Wrote a guitar tab for it once. The album is still good, just not as good.
>>
I sometimes wonder if it's all an act.
>>
>>60666575
It certainly didn't start as one. Have you seen his NPR tiny desk concert? His stage fright and social awkwardness were real. He used to not even be able to perform in front of anyone
>>
>>60668172
Yea, it definitely seems real with all the awkward coughing between songs.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.