[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you add to your music library do you feel the need to keep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1200
Or you delete the songs you don't like because fuck it?
>>
I never added The Epic to my library because I have taste

so idk, pleb
>>
>>60663147
Thanks for playing
>>
>Or you delete the songs you don't like because fuck it?

I refuse to believe anyone does that and it's just a /mu/ meme.
>>
I keep them.
I have slight OCD when it comes to music albums and not having them all there.
>>
>>60663214
I'm pretty sure *most* people do that. Especially casual listeners. I don't consider myself as such, but even deleting shit I've got 120~ gigs of music in my hard drive. It seems silly to waste even more space on tracks I don't like.
>>
File: jazzgasm.jpg (257 KB, 1900x1080) Image search: [Google]
jazzgasm.jpg
257 KB, 1900x1080
>Find nice jazz album on my dead grandfather's CD's
>Listen to album once
>It's so fucking good man
>Forget where I put the CD
>Start looking for the CD
>Nowhere to be found
>Ask my family about it, no one knows
>Go back to my grandparents' house to look for it there maybe
>Go back there, ask grandmother about it
>She gets nervous and tells me that she doesn't know about that CD
>It seems like she is lying, and she's visibly nervous
>I go back home
>Two days later I find out my grandparents' house was burned to the ground and grandma died
>I get depressed af
>Her corpse not recognizable
>About a week passes
>I start looking on the internet for the album when I start thinking about it again
>Look up the name of the album and the artists, NOTHING
>I ask a bunch of forums, nothing either
>Not a single data about it on the internet
>I make a video on YT about it but people give the name of other wrong albums
>4 days later the video is taken down for no reason.
>I try finding out why and make another video talking about it, even tho I don't even have that many viewers (about 40 people watched)
>Video is taken down within hours
>The next day my computer is fucked up with viruses
>1 week later
>I'm walking on the street, sundelly I'm hit on the back of the head
>I wake up tied to something, I realize it's a tree
>My mouth is tied too
>Three men in suits are gathered around
>They tell me the album I listened to was a government experiment supposed to inject subliminal messages into the brain by using the mnemonic acceptance to music humans naturally have
>Grandpa was one of their agents
>Grandma faked her death and fled the country
>They gonna kill me
>Suddenly a fat black guy enters by the window with a shotgun
>Kills them all
>I look at him
>It's Kamasi Washington
>He unties me
>Tells he made his life's mission to kill those who used the art of jazz for evil
>I say "Lel pleb, ur album is full of shitty improvisations!" and flip him off
>Run through the woods for 16 hours
>>
>>60663310
but what if you want to revisit an album?

I understand deleting something you completely didn't like but why delete half of an album when you liked half of it.
>>
>>60663370
Shit like "Tommy", "In Rainbows", "The Epic" those I'll keep in full. Or tracks that fade into one another, even if I don't like one of the tracks. But most albums aren't like that, so I delete those. I'm not the type of guy who "learns to like" things. I've tried revisiting tracks I deleted and I just end up confirming that they are, indeed, not for me.
>>
>>60663214
I do it if they're bad enough, such as Be Above It on Lonerism
>>
>>60663139
I was autistic about this with my ipod

but its only a 7 gig ipod so I delete songs I dont listen to much

some albums I leave intact
>>
>>60663402
Fair enough.

For me with how cheap hard drive space is now I can't bring myself to delete shit. I have some terrible music in my library that I havent deleted.
>>
File: 115915-119.jpg (7 KB, 272x347) Image search: [Google]
115915-119.jpg
7 KB, 272x347
>>60663139
>there are people on /mu/ who listen to/download individual songs instead of entire albums
>>
File: 122324453343.jpg (25 KB, 635x460) Image search: [Google]
122324453343.jpg
25 KB, 635x460
>>60663540
>he doesn't use YoutubeToMP3
>>
>>60663139
I'm glad you used that album as an example because the songs with vocals ruined that album for me
>>
>>60663334
9.6/10
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.