[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Discuss Annie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: annie.jpg (95 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
annie.jpg
95 KB, 900x600
>St. Vincent has both an indie cachet and pop potential. If you think you’re unique because you listen to St. Vincent and you’re only one of a handful of fans — think again. St. Vincent is for everybody.

>St. Vincent is larger than life on stage, but in person, Annie Clark is as down-to-earth as any of your closest friends.

http://www.verbicidemagazine.com/2009/09/03/show-review-st-vincent-8509/
>>
>Rank her albums
>Your top 10 Annie Clark songs
>Fave music video of her
>Did you see her live?
>What do you expect from her next album?
>>
Meme hair
>>
>>60663082
>Annie Clark
>down-to-earth
bhahahahahahahaa
oh boy
hhahahbahha
>>
dorito head
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 393x594) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 393x594
>Rank her albums
Actor > St. Vincent > Strange Mercy > Marry Me > Love This Giant

>Your top 10 Annie Clark songs
Actor Out of Work
Cruel
Marrow
Birth in Reverse
The Strangers
Your Lips Are Red
Northern Lights
Every Tears Disappears
Year of the Tiger
Huey Newton

>Fave music video of her
Actor Out of Work

>Did you see her live?
No

>What do you expect from her next album?
Harsher and even more experimental sound. Lots of synths.
>>
>>60663159
You must be naive to think that her stage persona is the real Annie.
>>
Marry Me is a good album
>>
>>60663276
What about the other albums?
>>
>>60663404
Nah
>>
>>60663416
Shame that you don't get them. They're even better than Marry Me.
>>
A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4xLcXiepYo
>>
>>60663082
Marrow is literally god-tier. A shame she had to jump on the genderqueer bandwagon
>gender binaries are so stale. i am neither male nor female, so please augment the rules of grammar so you do not offend me, thanks!
>>
>>60663431
Now that's a great cover. Love it.
>>
>>60663447
That's her private life, so I don't mind it.
>>
>>60663431
honestly that really is quite an average cover. she captures the lackadaisical, burnt out vibe in the verses, but sounds detached in the choruses when she should sound angry, hateful, aggressive, etc. A shame she couldn't break though her cold, repressed veneer even when performing this song
>>
>>60663431
I still don't get why they went with all-female singers for this
>>
>>60663509
It's a live cover tho. Still great IMO.
>>
>>60663532
Apparently Kurt always supported female musicians and he would approve of that (all-female singers).
>>
>>60663423
I guess Actor is decent. The other two have pretty weak songwriting, though.
>>
>>60663584
Just curious: what's wrong with the songwriting on the other two albums? Some reasons?

btw, there are 5 albums in total, including the collab album with David Byrne.
>>
File: 005_St.Vincent by Les Docks.jpg (308 KB, 665x1000) Image search: [Google]
005_St.Vincent by Les Docks.jpg
308 KB, 665x1000
bump
>>
>>60663274
have you ever seen an interview with her?

she's pretentious as fuck.
>>
>>60663431
krist always looks so sad ;_;
>>
File: amused jew.png (60 KB, 258x233) Image search: [Google]
amused jew.png
60 KB, 258x233
>>60663431

that fucking outfit and hairdo what the hell haha things like this remind me that dave grohl is the most sober man in music
>>
>>60666054
What's so pretentious about her?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOLRuD0F3wM
>>
>>60666146
that was before her transformation lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI1u2w6_0M8

also

>2014: "I still remember going to the CD World and buying The Sensual World when I was sixteen. And the cover, there’s a rose in front of her mouth that has bloomed, she’s got big wide eyes. And I remember, you know, putting it in the shitty car stereo on the way home, and you know, my life was forever changed.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs

46:47

>2007: "And I also— this may sound really silly— but I just discovered Kate Bush, probably six months ago, and I think she’s so great. I know I’m very late to the party here [laughs], I know this is old news, but I got a Kate Bush record, and I forget— I think “The Dreaming” is on it, though I’m spacing on the name of the record.”

http://pitchfork.com/features/guest-lists/6680-st-vincent/
>>
Her latest album fucking sucked t.b.h. I tried listening to it for months and lied to myself and pretended to like it, but I didn't. There's like two good songs in there and the rest are trash. I want the old Annie back. /rant
>>
>>60666238
You don't see that P4K interview Over/Under is supposed to be pretentious ironically? Don't tell me you took that seriously.
>>
>>60667000
>"she was just pretending to be retarded"
>>
>>60667080
Retarded? What video did you watch dude? Perhaps you watched a video with yourself being yourself (retarded).
>>
>>60667240
absolutely epic my friend :'^)
>>
>>60667347
Cheers. ;)
>>
>>60663130
>>Rank her albums
Actor, Strange Mercy, S/t, Love This Giant, Marry Me
>>Your top 10 Annie Clark songs
Black Rainbow
Just the Same But Brand New
Marrow
The Party
Human Racing
Northern Lights
Bring Me Your Loves
Chloe in The Afternoon
Rattlesnake
Severed Crossed Fingers
>>Fave music video of her
Digital Witness, was the first contact I had with her music
>>Did you see her live?
YES
>>What do you expect from her next album?
I expect her to go downhill but I'd like to see her do some neoclassic work like Nico's Desertshore. Or get inspirations from ambient music. Something less commercial.
>>
>>60663082
This reads like it was written by her PR firm. It probably was.
>>
>>60667080
She's a Greenwich village nanny posing as a retro-Downtown '81 artcon debutante. She's a fraud, but not stupid. She's a celebrity now.
>>
>>60670213
You are too suspicious: the whole article was written by Jon Aubin from Verbicide Mag.
>>
>>60670384
Uh huh. Yeah.
>>
post those fukkin feet bb
>>
File: aoQeLKp.jpg (105 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
aoQeLKp.jpg
105 KB, 640x1136
Annie Clark is a vapid and talentless pop icon.

She's only really popular because she appeals to neckbeards that want to look cool and different by having "le patrician waifu". They aren't any different than people who listen to Katy Perry or Britney Spears because "she's so hot bro"
>>
Who is this qt 3.14?

I'd pluck her G string......or let her pluck mine if you know what I am saying (lol). ;)

(I am referring to the G string on bass guitars, but it can also be interpreted as lingerie, more specifically a thong, which is often referred to as a G string (lol))
>>
>>60671135
You copied this crap from somewhere. How clever of you, pleb.
>>
Do you think she has meme hair down "there"?
>>
cat suit pics anyone?
>>
>>60673522
post that shit
>>
>>60670261
>>60670544
>>60671135
>>60671740
>>60672683
>>60673522
>>60673659
Now that these waifufags expressed their stupidity, back on topic.
>>
bumpy bump
>>
I hope someone throws a fucking brick at her in one of her meme concerts
>>
>>60676412
fuck off sucker
>>
>>60676719
What do I do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ also
>fuck off sucker
that's the best u got?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.