[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's the new Brian Eno ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: eno.jpg (15 KB, 645x321) Image search: [Google]
eno.jpg
15 KB, 645x321
Hecker ?
>>
Arca
>>
>People will say 2814
>I will feel sick
>>
? ?
>>
Jon Hopkins
>>
aphex twin
>>
>>60662735
>>60662751
>>60662797
>>60663066
Arca doesn't have nearly the reach that Eno has
honestly Kanye has been a huge kingmaker for artists this generation
>>
>>60663066
>>60662751
>>60662797
>>60662735
these are all really, really bad replies

the brian eno of today is brian eno
>>
>>60663105
>these are all really, really bad replies
true
>the brian eno of today is brian eno
come on we're looking for someone hugely influential and crucial to modern artists
>>
File: justin-biebers-purpose-album.jpg (96 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
justin-biebers-purpose-album.jpg
96 KB, 380x380
>>
File: image.jpg (363 KB, 634x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
363 KB, 634x550
>>60663123
alan licht
>>
>>60663167
none of that is important
>>
>>60663167
loren connors is better
>>
vektroid
>>
>>60663175
say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens
>>60663173
true but surely influential
>>
Brian Eno's most famous work is pop, his most well known production contributions are pop albums, he's always worked with pop musicians and he started in a pop group
>>
>>60663105

yeah, they're bad replies because they're better than eno
>>
Brian Eno left an alternative glam rock band to invent a radically new form of music which, although acclaimed at its conception, gained its most significant popularity decades after. He also was responsible for some popular artists most groundbreaking and critically acclaimed albums as their producer, as well as working within the realm of sound art and art theory, as well as staying current by adopting emerging technologies such as apps for new work.

We can't know what the future will bring but to determine the Eno of our generation we'd have to pick someone who:

1. Stopped making popular music to pioneer a new musical movement.
2. Is experimental with both form and medium and is equally popular amongst separate circles (pop, experimental, contemporary art, classical, etc.)
3. Technically and theoretically competent who helps to propel other newer artists and groups to the forefront of popular consciousness.

In all honesty, if Will.Je.Suis stopped flirting with glitch aesthetics and full on embraced and popularised glitch music he'd fit the bill. Some people might suggest Skrillex but he doesn't have the technical know-how to produce others. Honestly, I can't think of anyone who comes close..
>>
>>60663225
eno is most well know for making ambient music
nowadays hes like sonic boom, just another fancy producer
>>
>>60663272
OPN is the one I think of
>>
>>60663272
Skrillex lol
>>
>>60663272
>he doesn't have the technical know-how to produce others.

he fucking produced hits for Bieber and other artists
>>
tim hecker is a fuckin joke
>>
>>60663290
>opn
>experimental on both form and medium
he did invent vaporwave, but garden of delete was merely a throwback of what warp had been doing for years
>>
>>60663324
Wasn't aware of that, not a fan myself. I had heard he didn't even mix his own albums though but perhaps I was misinformed.

Does anyone know if Skrillex has had a contemporary art exhibition at any point? If so, we might have our answer.
>>
>>60662735
>>60662735
Nobody's put out an album as bonkers as Here Come the Warm Jets in ages.

Eno's reign goes unchecked.
>>
>>60663400
/thread
>>
Brian Eno is overrated as fuck. Harold Budd has always been better.
>>
>>60663272
>nvent a radically new form of music
You mean popularized something that already existed before him and do it arguably worse. This whole "Brian Eno invented Ambient" revisionism really needs to stop.
>>
>>60665094
>This whole "Brian Eno invented Ambient" revisionism really needs to stop.
this
im fucking sick of this meme
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.