[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /mu/ hate post-rock?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: asmz.jpg (44 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
asmz.jpg
44 KB, 600x600
Why does /mu/ hate post-rock?
>>
>>60662138
because we love screamo with post rock influences
>>
idk i might actually be in the mood for some crescendocore now myself. been a long time since i listened to it
>>
File: Young Team.jpg (323 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Young Team.jpg
323 KB, 1000x1000
I don't, but 3rd wave is garbage
>>
>>60662152
Would you be kind enough to define third-wave post-rock for me, the OP? Thank you, stranger.
>>
>>60662138

I hate post rock. I don't know why. I think it's the same reason I hate indie.
>>
>>60662170
From the albums i've heard, it's mostly "try-hard crescendocore". I know this sounds like a meme but it's actually the truth. It's enjoyable to some extent, but it's like most of the 2nd wave of black metal: if you've heard one, you've heard all.
>>
Post metal is a superior genre than post rock. Prove me right.
>>
>>60662202
>post-metal

what is this, 2002? ah yes the good ol days when isis' biggest crime was being a band
>>
>>60662144
tfw I'm listening to screamo with post-rock influences this very moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxkechZOMdc
>>
>>60662202
Post-metal doesn't exist, it's an umbrella term for atmosludge, which is already boring and watered down sludge metal.
try again
>>
>>60662231
How is it more boring than crescendocore though?
>>
File: Through Silver In Blood.jpg (813 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Through Silver In Blood.jpg
813 KB, 1000x1000
>>60662246
It's at the same level of boringness
>>
>godspeed is /mu/core
>slint is /mu/core
>sigur ros is /mu/core
>Why does /mu/ hate post-rock?
/mu/ fucking LOVES first and second wave post-rock. It's the third wave trash like Explosions in the Sky and This Will Destroy You that /mu/ (and every other person with half decent taste) hates.
>>60662231
How exactly do you create a genre umbrella term for just one genre? That makes no sense.
Post-metal is a very valid alternate name for Atmosludge. And atmosludge is in no way a watered down sludge metal. That's like saying Emperor is a watered down Darkthrone because they add symphonic elements.
>>
>>60662274
>implying this is a bad album
It's fucking /mu/core, you can't possibly be serious.
>>
>>60662201
>from the albums i've heard, it's mostly "try-hard crescendocore"
Have you very honestly heard any post-rock aside from anything Godspeed and/or third wave? I have a feeling you haven't.
Also, I wouldn't be so fast as to say the Burzum sounds the same as Darkthrone and Emperor.
>>
>>60662276
Yeah i don't know why i used "umbrella term" it's basically just a synonym.
But liking post-metal is exactly like liking 3rd wave of post rock.

>>60662286
What a fucking drone, get an opinion for yourself pal.
>>
>>60662314
I was talking about 3rd wave of post-rock, learn how to read.
Also about the 2nd wave of BM, I was mostly thinking about the massive underground scene that sounds pretty similar.
>>
I'm a fan of Swans, Godspeed, Zs, Lightning Bolt etc. Can anyone recommend me similar artists?
>>
>>60662317
Yes, I have my own opinions. My opinion is that Through Silver in Blood is a 10/10 masterpiece. Wanna hear more of my opinions?
Joy Division fucking sucks dick, and all the other post-punk bands that the members formed after fucking suck too.
Sufjan is boring, generic, and heavily overrated.
Kanye is mediocre. He may have changed hiphop but he certainly hasn't changed anything for me.
First wave post-rock > second wave post-rock
SMiLE is utter garbage, how anyone could consider it good is beyond me.
Want more opinions?
>>
>>60662344
I agree with all your opinions besides Through Silver in Blood being 10/10 which I think is around a 6/10.
Not the guy you were replying to.
>>
>>60662343
Lightning Bolt aren't post-rock senpai.
>>60662340
Everyone makes mistakes anon.
But all the Darkthrone/Burzum/Immortal clones came after the second wave. The second wave itself was pretty unique. In fact, the reason there is no third wave of black metal is because there are too many people doing the same shit over and over again right now and only that handful of bands doing something new.
>>
>>60662344
lmao I don't really care though
>>
I like Explosions in the Sky, am I a faggot now? Oh I don't even care, hating "crescendo-core" is a meme. Hating music that is not super complex, unpredictable, pretentious and edgy is a meme.

Fuck this board.
>>
>>60662365
I was merely giving my opinions on several popular /mu/core albums to retort his argument that I have no original taste.
>>60662368
You asked me to get an opinion for myself. I proved that I have my own opinions already. You made the request, you very obviously do care.
>>60662379
I'm sorry if we've hurt your feelings bb. Would you like some compensation?
>>
>>60662366
I'd still refer those clone bands as "2nd wave of black metal" desu
and i'm pretty sure there are a lot of clone bands that played in the 90's
>>
>>60662344
You do like Death Grips, right?
>>
>>60662274
i personally think GTTR is better
>>
>>60662388
>You asked me to get an opinion for myself. I proved that I have my own opinions already. You made the request, you very obviously do care.
I didn't ask for your shit-tier opinion about music
I asked you to get an opinion because of your completely stupid reply ">it's fucking /mu/core"
>>
>>60662276
>all those people trashing TWDY for generic crescendocore who never heard Tunnel Blanket
I feel sorry for you
>>
>>60662390
The second wave died out around the mid 90's, which was around the time when Varg was incarcerated and Euronymous murdered, which was also the same time that black metal really began taking its influence on others outside of Norway. The clone bands started popping up in the late 90's. So they're technically 1 or 2 years apart.
>>60662396
I think they've made some very good records, I especially like their latest album. What's wrong, does liking a single popular band automatically make me a /mu/ drone?
>>60662406
You requested for me to get an opinion, and I responded with proof that I have an opinion. I'm sorry if you can't comprehend that someone actually responded to you with something that makes sense.
>>
>>60662344
in this post: opinions that can expose a pleb
>>
>>60662857
You mean, opinions that expose a patrician.
>>
First wave is the only good wave
>>
stupid mood music
>>
How is Illinois generic? The rest of your post I can agree with except for hating SMiLE for no reason
>>
I'm im love with Bark Psychosis and Tortoise. First wave/transition post-rock is much more interesting.
>>
I like this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye7VOxo1A38
>>
>>60663056
Bark psychosis is greatly mastered and all but everything else is p bland.
Not being a rockist i see gybe & the few peers as something that stands above rock music. Probably because they contain people who can actually write proper music.
>>
>>60662144
>screamo
i'm sorry your parents tried or never bothered to discipline you anon. you could have had a soul by now
>>
>>60663808
BĂȘcheur.
>>
what genre is spiderland? it sounds like a mesh of post-rock, post-punk, math rock and post-hardcore
>>
>>60663841
exactly
>>
I thought /mu/ loves post rock
>>
>>60663939
are you Crazy agatha?
>>
>>60663791
this, BP sounds so empty.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.