[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone post good normie music? Music that is good but I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1444020408897.png (184 KB, 600x571) Image search: [Google]
1444020408897.png
184 KB, 600x571
Can someone post good normie music? Music that is good but I can still strike up a conversation about it with someone.
>>
Gorillaz is always a go-to.
>>
>>60659781
what species of normie? drake, jamie xx, and the weeknd are v hot with 20-something urban white normies right now
>>
>>60659908
>music that is good
>>
Some of the best music conversations I have are when people are introducing me to different music. I would focus less on what's considered normal music, listen to what you like and talk about what you like, whether it's considered normal or not.
>>
>>60659781
http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100

You have to hide your power level senpai, there's no getting around it.
>>
>>60660638
Or he could just hang out with people who aren't shallow people who get scared off from people being interested in stuff they aren't. It's 2015, there's not really any reason why you should feel forced to have social interactions with people you don't want to once you're out of high school.
>>
>>60659781
holy shit just ask them what they're into. Don't be afraid to appear as someone with a discerning taste or at least trying to guide them to something new to listen to based on feedback. Most people don't seem to have had any reason to expand their musical pallet aside from what's easily accessible
>>
a lot or normie normies dont even listen to albums though

talk with black people instead
>>
>>60660661
>yfw black dude at work can talk about soul albums because he was brought up listening to them.
>>
All normie songs are about partying. Why is this? Do they derive pleasure from listening to the artist describe what they are themselves doing?
>>
>>60659781
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCnBrrnOefs
>>
>>60660672
because partying is the epitome of semi-rebellious social interaction.
>>
File: 1448488207763.png (412 KB, 468x477) Image search: [Google]
1448488207763.png
412 KB, 468x477
>>60659781
>normie music
>good
>>
>>60660654
>there's not really any reason why you should feel forced to have social interactions with people you don't want to once you're out of high school.
Lol. Wait until you get off campus.
>>
>>60660672
Because most normies associate music with partying. They only listen to music at parties, therefore the music they listen to has to fit the setting.
>>
>>60660698
Then I go home and sit at my computer and post on 4chan. What's your point.
>>
>>60659781
michael jackson
>>
nobody has to have any fear of revealing what artists/genres they like.

unless it's something really embarassing, like Kpop.
>>
wake me up

when september ends
>>
>>60660709
When you graduate and then have to spend the rest of your life kissing other people's asses for money you'll realize how silly you sounded saying that there's no reason to feel forced to have social interactions with people you don't want to. It would not be an exaggeration to say that at least 50% of the rest of your life is going to be socially interacting with people you don't want to.
>>
>>60659781
The Weeknd.

That being said, if it's a normie all they probably know is The Hills and Can't Feel My Face.
>>
Daft Punk
Weezer
Ratatat
LCD Soundsystem
>>
>>60660718
k, tell me how that works out for you
>>
lil b
>>
File: bojack.jpg (110 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
bojack.jpg
110 KB, 500x280
>>60660723
kek
>>60660658
I do. It'd just be cool if someone was like 'yo dude, I love the weeknd' and I would be like 'Yeah, man I listen to that shit, bruh, it's good music for when you're trapped in a public restroom and you're out of toilet paper and you sit there until you decide how you're going to handle the situation, y'know what I'm sayin dawg? Yeah, you know what I'm sayin'.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.