[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do members of korn feel about everyone hating their music now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 443x332
How do members of korn feel about everyone hating their music now?
>>
OHneotrix Point Never like em
>>
>>60659712
Doubt they care honestly
>>
I assume they're well paid to this day so I don't see why they should care
>>
hating on nu metal is not cool anymore
>>
KoЯn
>>
>>60659728
Is it like trendy to hate their music now though?
>>
>>60659735
Since when?
>>
>>60659728

members of korn are the bitchiest musicians ever
>>
>>60659783
Since OPN put out a new Nu-Metal album
>>
Korn was actually good though
>>
>>60659783
nu metal revival is coming
>>
When did Jonathan Davis turn into Ron Jeremy?
>>
>>60659820

no
>>
>>60659834

please list your top five bands
>>
>>60659848

you don't deserve them
>>
It's hard to feel anything on meth.
>>
>>60659712
>How do members of korn feel about everyone hating their music now?
Considering they sell out shows to this day and they headline festivals all over the world I don't think everyone hates them. For the time what they did was pretty fresh man, of course it gave rise to a bunch of terrible bands but at least they tried something different than what the stale-ass metal-scene was churning out at the time and it worked very well for them.
>>
>>60659869

except, you know, happiness
>>
>>60659858
spotted the guy beaten up by korn fans.
>>
ffs when is the damn family values show coming back
>>
>>60659938
>Being even lower on the food chain than nu-metal fans
Killurselfmyman.jpeg
>>
>>60659938

>beaten up by korn fans

you mean the guys who got rejected by all the girls in school, so went to make AMVs with korn songs and played runescape

yeah, sure i did
>>
>>60659982
>being jello over amv making skills
>>
>>>60659869
You're not a degenerate, are ya, boy?
>>
>>60659997
>AMV skills
>not a Nightwish thread
>>
>>60659982
You seem to have some pent up resentment to a band from the 90's? Maybe you should turn the computer off for a bit, step outside and take a breath of fresh air today to clear your head a bit :D
>>
Korn, along with Deftones and Sepultura, are one of the only nu metal bands to get any respect, and when people say bad things about them, they're usually talking about the genre in general, so I imagine that's easy to deal with

besides that, while their music is pretty bad, they do have a pretty amazing bassist, and while the singer's opinions on everything are retarded, he is an interesting guy
>>
>>60660074
your sentence has too many commas faggot
>>
>>60660087

fucking autist like you who cares about punctuation in every thread
>>
GOAT song, could easily be off Holy Money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdjQ20pqoXk
>>
>>60659982
That's only if you weren't a teenager till like 2003 por later when korn was no longer popular.
>>
>>60660074
>Sepultura
>nu metal

18+ kiddo
>>
>>60659767
Their new music just plain isn't good.
>>
>>60660123

korn exploded in the early 2000s just like almost every other nu metal band that started in the 90s
>>
>>60659735
does that mean you'll go back to liking it then?
>>
>>60660226
You dont know anything about anything lol.
>>
>>60660194
Roots was a shameless nu-metal cash-in and everyone knows it mate. Soulfly was a continuation of that and post-Max Sepultura well who gives a fuck about that.
>>
>>60660247

i grew up in the 90s, literally no one knew korn and if they did they would still be the same kind of people who listened to it, just without high speed internet so they probably just self harmed instead
>>
>>60660226

Korn's popularity peaked in the 90's. by 2000's they were lame
>>
follow the leader has pretty cool textures desu
>>
if they inspired lopatin then that means they're great
>>
>>60660299
the texture of your mother's breasts is superior
>>
>>60660290

they were still popular until at least 2005
>>
>>60660311
oh snap!
>>
>>60660290
umm dat y they came out with their literal best singles on untouchables -_-
>>
>>60660280
Okay lol' being born in 1996 doesn't count.
>>
>>60660337

"best" is subjective, and it doesn't change that they hit the peak of their popularity in the 90's
>>
>On January 24 it was announced on YouTube that Silveria is playing drums for the experimental rock band INFINIKA
>On January 24, 2015, Infinika announced the band would be dissolved.

>On February 27, 2015, Silveria stated that he was suing his former bandmates in Korn for money owed after the band declined to allow him back in the group following a lengthy break.
>On January 7, 2013, David Silveria updated his status on his official Facebook page stating, 'Korn fans need to flood the Korn site telling them Korn isn't Korn without the original five!!!' He then went on to say in a later status that fans should 'Flood Jd's and Munkys twitter to bring the original 5 back together"
>Jonathan Davis stated on Twitter that "I will never never play with him again,"

tl;dr their former drummer is salty as fuck and it's hilarious
>>
>>60659869
EDGY.

"I HAVE A PROBLEM BECAUSE I HANG OUT WITH DEGENERATES LOOK HOW COOL I AM"

faggot, you deserve a life of numbness OD please
>>
>>60660413
waaaaa stop crying meth head
>>
File: embarrassingkornheiser.jpg (7 KB, 207x244) Image search: [Google]
embarrassingkornheiser.jpg
7 KB, 207x244
>>60660405
>He then went on to say in a later status that fans should 'Flood Jd's and Munkys twitter to bring the original 5 back together"

holy shit, he's like a 12yo girl
>>
>>60660280
>literally no one knew korn

Growing up on the bible belt doesn't count, sunshine
>>
>>60660442
cool meme dude i dont do drugs because i'm not a quitter suck me
>>
>>60660074
System of a Down is the best nu-metal band. Yes, I know they're shit live, but damn is Chop Suey still catching.
>>
>>60661258

soad is barely nu metal anyway, they were their own thing pretty much
>>
>>60661258
SOAD is hardly nu metal, but they are most generic and uninspired avant-garde metal act of all time
That being said, still not a horrible band, but definitely below Deftones in terms of quality
>>
>>60661350

what avant-garde metal do you like?
>>
>>60659712
I still like the south park episode with them.
>>
>>60661427
If by avant-garde you just mean experimental then I'd have to say I quite like Buckethead and the Dillinger Escape Plan
But if by avant-garde you mean wacky and unconventional then I'd probably say Mr. Bungle or Serj Tankian's solo work (much better than actual SOAD imo), but I don't really listen to that side of the spectrum that much to give a decent opinion
>>
File: Untitled.png (43 KB, 397x277) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
43 KB, 397x277
>how do we fix korny?

pic related
>>
>>60659912
>stale-ass metal-scene was churning out at the time
Nigga, do you even Black Metal? I mean I agree in principle in that at least they were trying to be innovative and it is kind of funny in retrospect that so many rappers like Tech N9ne and Danny Brown dig the nu metal thing despite being itemized as le angry white boi muzak by middle class white journalists. But still 94 was kind of the apex for BM, though I'd agree if you're talking about more mainstream meal. As for Korn, they've sold their souls and probably sleep soundly on top of a pile of money.
>>
>>60660194
>tfw only sepultura album i ever liked even in my HS metal phase was roots
>>
>>60661778
>XoRn
>Zorn
i'm ok with this
>>
>>60660266
I think he's more getting at the fact that Sepultura also existed from 85-93.
>>
>>60661350
>>60661312
SOAD - Storaged Melodies is the most nu metal thing they've ever done
Even has a track with RZA spitting a verse
>>
>>60662124
Sepultura were the shit, the wheels fell off when they just started ripping off what was big at the time, first they did a Pantera rip off then they went full retard and did a nu-metal album. Their rep is forever stained by that, you can't deny it.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.