[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was wondering if anyone here plays the harp? Considering learning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 71fAU5CDzJL._SL1269_.jpg (146 KB, 849x1269) Image search: [Google]
71fAU5CDzJL._SL1269_.jpg
146 KB, 849x1269
Was wondering if anyone here plays the harp?
Considering learning to play, anyone know anything about it?

I'm looking for a cheap harp to start learning the basics and see where it goes from there but I'm having a hard time.

Cheapest harp I saw was on amazon but it's 12 strings and apparently you can't play anything with a 12 string harp.
>>
Well shit. I was just about to start a thread similar to this. I've wanted to play the harp for years, but Joanna Newsoms new album has convinced me to start shopping about.
I figured the best way to go would be a lever harp like the one you pictured. Hang on, I'm writing a longer post, but I don't want this thread to die while I'm typing.
>>
>>60658354 - Cont

Yeah lever harp is big enough to actually play stuff on, but does not cost stupid pedal harp figures. I looked around on 'the early music shop', they have a good range, I figured that either 19 or 22 strings would be best. I don't know if I would buy from the early music shop, I'd probably look around for better deals when I got closer to buying, but it is still a good place to see what there is. I think that I am in a fortunate place where I can spend a little more to get more strings.
>>
This one for example
http://www.earlymusicshop.com/product.aspx/en-GB/1000687-ems-heather-harp-22-nylon-strings

Currently reading through this
http://www.celticharper.com/what2get.html

I think harps are an instrument that you can quite commonly rent, but that's not really my style.
>>
http://www.gear4music.com/String_Instruments/Harps.html

http://www.earlymusicshop.com/Browse.aspx/en-GB/store24_arrangement41/27/?sort=priceLowToHigh
>>
My ex played the harp, had a big concert-harp. It was sick, I played it now and then. Had pedals and everything, like a piano.

It's a lot of fun, would recommend. It's pretty damn patrician. I know you can get some cheap harps to start off for around $100-$500. Definitely look around for a local Luthier.
>>
One thing that I have read is that if you get a cheap harp, put some money aside for a good set of strings. Apparently cheap harps come with crap strings and putting some new ones on can make the sound masses bigger.
>>
i stole one from school camp when i was a kid, still works

one of those instruments that's very easy to pick up initially but difficult to become amazing at, great fun though
>>
>>60659415
How did you steal a harp?
>>
>>60659441
moved it to the luggage section below the bus, picked up when we got dropped off back at school

genuinely baffles me how i didn't get caught, or that we were never told anything in class about how 'we got a phone call from camp, who the hell stole their harp?'
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.