[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm somewhat new to this board and I was wondering what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Hi, How Are You.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Hi, How Are You.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
I'm somewhat new to this board and I was wondering what /mu/ thinks of Daniel Johnston
>>
excellent
>>
1990 is his best album
>>
Well I, for one, love Daniel Johnston.
>>
listened to it this year and no other album fucked my shit up quite like this one
>>
I like the emotion, and he has decent piano chops. I can't really say I like his guitar stuff.
>>
t-shirt-core
>>
>>60657249
This album is currently fucking me up.
What an interesting story.
>>
>>60657557
Listen to Story of an Artist. It will fuck with you more and more with each listen.
>>
>>60657249
Despaaaair
came knocking
at my door
and I let her in
for a while

This album gets me every fucking time. Yipjump is also good but it's nowhere as perfect (Danny Don't Rapp is one his worst songs)
>>
only interesting due to how he influenced better musicians
you can find the same kind of music from people just as mentally ill in 5 seconds on bandcamp
>>
I like him. Saw him live in Nashville 2 years ago. He came out onstage and strummed a bit. It sounded dull and muted so he asked for a different guitar. A crewmember pointed out that his pick was still between the strings. He played his set (poorly) from a cheap binder he put on a music stand. When an audience member requested Devil Town, he started singing it. The backing band stopped him because they didn't know that song. He told them, "Just play what you want," let them jam for a few bars and then started singing again. He seemed like a friendly guy
>>
Guess where he's from guys.
>>
>>60657924
mutown
>>
I like him, but I'm not so sure I really get him.

Fun fact though, I was recently watching Richard Linklater's first film, the one he did before Slacker (this was in the late '80s before anyone knew who he was) and Daniel Johnston showed up to give the main character a copy of his cassette, it's pretty funny.

https://vimeo.com/70031451
>>
>>60657605
not this shit again
>>
>>60657936
West Virginia
>>
>>60658234
he's from Texas
>>
>>60657924
>Austin, Texas
Thanks Will Toledo.
>>
>>60657579

This. The first time I listened to it... wew lad ;_;
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.