[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quorthon/Bathory was the greatest. Any fans on /mu/? Favorite album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Bathory_BloodOnIce.jpg (185 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Bathory_BloodOnIce.jpg
185 KB, 300x300
Quorthon/Bathory was the greatest.

Any fans on /mu/? Favorite album?
>>
Bathory is the best black metal i've heard
granted i've not really listened to all that much black metal
but still they won't/can't be beaten

Under the Sign
>>
>>60655916
Personally, most partial to his "viking metal" stuff. But his black metal was good, too.

Does "Destroyer of Worlds" count as black metal? One of my favorites.
>>
Quorthon was a talentless hack and a meme whose only contribution to metal was introducing shitty kvlt kvlture.
>>
>>60656007
Take that back, you fucking faggot.

It was Varg and the Norwegians who brought their shit culture into black metal.
>>
>>60656047
Without Quorthon, Norwegian black metal never would have been filled with pretentious obscuritan dickheads.
>>
>>60655867

Who are Bathory?
>>
>>60656053
Bullshit, Norwegians are so fucking repressed that when black metal came around, they all freaked out like a bunch of douches.

Didn't see any church burnings...basically anywhere else
>>
>>60656199
What are you talking about? Norway represented the largest unified movement towards the formation of a black metal genre. They love that shit.
>>
>>60656005
>Does "Destroyer of Worlds" count as black metal?

No

>>60656007

Fuck you
>>
File: manowar-anthology.jpg (137 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
manowar-anthology.jpg
137 KB, 953x953
Acknowledge the influence.
>>
>>60656647
none, he had never even heard of them, plus he was like 10000x more sophisticated
>>
>>60656735
Oh, yeah. He lived in a cabin in the woods with one Mountain record from the 70's and never listened to music other than that. Right.
>>
>>60656783
He pretty much listened to only old shit from when he was a kid

His more innovative thing was black metal anyway, so even if he was influenced by them, it makes no difference on the influence Bathory had on black metal.

How is it fucking impossible that he came up with it on his own? He was fucking Swedish, so of course the viking shit influenced him.
>>
Self-titled was the best of his black metal-era and imo Blood On Ice is his best Viking metal album.
>>
>>60656974
Hahahaha, you feel for it. Protip: he later openly admitted that he was lying when he said he never heard of Venom.
>>
>>60656974
Cause there are pretty unmistakable similarities in drumming techniques and bathory directly uses a bunch of manowar lyrics, things that don't even pertain to viking shit.
>>
>>60657037
Even if he did copy black metal from them...he did it 10000000x better
>>
File: derp.jpg (23 KB, 220x222) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
23 KB, 220x222
>>60656647
>>
>>60657062
Are you a youtube comment?
>>
>>60657097
But its true? Who the fuck still listens to Venom? No one. Most people don't even know them. Tons of people still listen to Bathory.
>>
>>60657062
No he didn't. All he did was make production 10000000x shittier.
>>
>>60657382
By what metric? People don't not listen to Venom because you say they don't. I like Bathory and Manowar. I just think Quarthon is a pretty pretentious guy and I don't believe things he says in interviews about having no musical infuences
>>
Under the Sign of the Black Mark is the best Black Metal album of all time
>>
>>60657731
Quorthon was a troll before that was a thing. He used use names like I.C weiner and stuff as a laugh. In some of his later interviews he mentions how some people get mad when they meet him because he's not some hardcore satanist. Instead he's just a metalhead who likes to have a good time. One big laugh really.
>>
>>60656053
This is factually incorrect, Bathory did give some influence but not as much as people think. Venom and Celtic Frost were the main influences.

Granted he made the first truly black metal albums but he's not really responsible for what a bunch of scrawny fags made after him. They'd be making music just as shit with or without Bathory. Some good came from it though, like Emperor.
>>
>>60657777
numerals don't lie, except now

Sign of the Black Mark has my favourite Bathory songs on it (call from the grace, enter the eternal fire) but The Return is even more GOAT from start to finish
>>
>>60657945
grave* tbhfam
>>
>>60657873
You missed my point. Venom and Celtic Frost were the musical influences. Bathory was the cultural (e.g. denying influences and acting edgy) influence.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.