[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do y'all feel about Low? I've only recently started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: low.jpg (171 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
low.jpg
171 KB, 1024x682
How do y'all feel about Low? I've only recently started getting into them and I don't know what took so long. Lots of good stuff in my opinion.

I'm pretty familiar now with I Could Live In Hope, Long Division, The Curtain Hits The Cast, Secret Name, Things We Lost In The Fire, Trust, C'Mon, and Ones and Sixes.

Any glaring omissions? What are people's favorite Low albums and songs? I think I like Things We Lost In The Fire best, probably followed by Long Division.
>>
im all for emotional selfpity music but Low are fucking boring as hell. they sound like a bunch of 40 year olds with nothing to offer the world except for cliches and mediocrity.
>>
>>60655658
huh, I only got the emotional selfpity vibe from maybe 1/3 of the songs, and to whatever extent it sounds cliche I'd be interested to hear who you think did their "sound" first because I think they were pioneers in some sense
>>
>>60655580
Words is fucking devastating

and I Could Live In Hope is a really great album
>>
lent you my favorite dictionary, came back with ripped out pages ;_;
>>
>>60656688
Wasted good silverware on you
>>
File: Low_(album).jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Low_(album).jpg
43 KB, 300x300
Love the album
Never heard anything by the band.
>>
>>60655580
Low are great, Things We Lost is my favorite album of theirs too. You've already listened to so much of their catalog, may as well continue on because there's still lots of great material on their other releases. I strongly recommend the Murderer EP, which contains one of their very best songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCSsZg0mVHk

The Invisible Way is a comfy album, a little more folksy and earthy than they usually are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfNLtUUEiGI

The Great Destroyer and Drums & Guns are where they were expanding their sound a good bit and trying new things. They're kinda messy as albums but they still have good songs.

Don't sleep on the odds and ends box set, A Lifetime of Temporary Relief, either. There are some ace covers on there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wA_S8TlLu0
>>
>>60655580
I enjoy Drums and Guns best out of their not-obviously-slowcore works, would for sure recommend to someone into them
>>
>>60657011
is the version on the murderer EP different to the one on drums & guns?
>>
i'm genuinely impressed that mormons can write heart-wrenching songs
>>
>>60657229
yeah, it's rawer

D&G one is more atmospheric and Sonic Youthy

the Silver Rider version is different from The Great Destroyer one too
>>
I Could Live in Hope > Long Division > Bombscare > Trust > Things We Lost in the Fire > Secret Name > Drums and Guns >> The Curtain Hits the Cast > Christmas > In the Fishtank >> Ones and Sixes > The Great Destroyer > C'mon > Transmission > The Invisible Way > Songs for A Dead Pilot
>>
>>60657340
I quite like Ones and Sixes actually
>>
>>60657592

Ones and Sixes is very good, and one of my favorite albums of the year, but it doesn't compare to the rest of this great musicians' discography. It may rise as I listen to it over the years, but not more than Drums and Guns in my ranking. Songs for a Dead Pilot is the only bad ting I've heard from them. Bombscare is the real underdog in their discog.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.