[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UNDERGROUND MUSIC NOLA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: new-orleans-round-trip-map.jpg (112 KB, 800x1097) Image search: [Google]
new-orleans-round-trip-map.jpg
112 KB, 800x1097
Looking for some underground music in nola!
>>
Don't even bother looking, it's all garbage.
>>
Clones at Play was pretty good but i think the only place it exists is one CD on sale on Amazon
>>
Just listen to all the shit on Community Records and Grace King. Both labels are on Bandcamp, some pretty good stuff.
>>
>>60655390
this

ive lived in new orleans all my life

Here's what you're going to find:
More watered down post-grunge
Shitty sludge metal
Shitty punk
Shitty ska-punk
Shitty rap
Shitty nmh wanna bes
>>
$uicideboy$
G59
>>
https://houndnola.bandcamp.com
>>
>>60655662
I think I know you brah
>>
>>60655390
>>60655438
Shut the FUCK up

These are all amazing nola artists:
AF the Naysayer (glitch hop/chill beats)
Pancake (darkish indie rock/a combination of Tortoise and Modest Mouse)
Meta-Quirk (jazz fusion and neo soul)
The Bridge Trio (modern jazz)
Froyo-ma (jazzy glitch hop/chill beats)

I live here, don't be lazy. If you want a specific genre I can give more recs OP
>>
lurker passing by
bumping for NOLA
>>
>>60656706
Did u go to high school here
>>
>>60655141
If you go to Tulane and are not from Louisiana you are looked upon with disdain by all locals btw
>>
>>60655141
What is some good sludge from New Orleans? I know it sort of started there but I'm not familiar with the genre
>>
>>60655438
Bruh don't hate on FatterThanAlbert and Angry Banana. They were my jams back in high school.

http://noladiy.org/events.php
It's sort of dying, but noladiy always has most of the good underground stuff posted.
>>
>>60658104
Ashton?
>>
>>60658104
Nah, I'm sure I know who you're talking about, and I'm not Ash; but I know him well.

Can we have a high schools report in?
Blue Jay over here.
>>
>>60658339
Brother Martin, Ben Franklin, and NOCCA (transferring)
>>
>>60658352
I knid of regret not going to NOCCA. I had the chance, but I was way to lazy in high school; and it would have rekted my grades. Had a ton of friends that went to Ben Franklin. I considered going there too. But eh, Jesuit was cool. I'm happy with the choice I made.
>>
>>60658406
Nocca actually meant that I had to take way less classes bc it covered all arts requirements and eliminated afternoon periods at Franklin. It added a lot more obligations but it was probably the most fun part of going to high school.

The community fit the arts school stereotype, but not the jazz program thankfully, so I got away from most of the head-up-their-asses artsy kids
>>
>>60658487
Yeah, I knew a couple of guys in the jazz program. They were chill mostly and ended up starting some cool bands. There was always that one guy though that would constantly tell us how awful stuff like ska-punk was and how Coltrane was the only thing that mattered. Always had a stick up his own ass whenever I talked about stuff with him.

Just saw The Saddest Landscape is playing SIC on the 7th, but I'm at LSU; and I have an exam. I wish I could skip a final.
>>
>>60658562
A lot of the "child protege" characters that come out of there have lives that revolve around: practicing, going to gigs, hanging out with people who are exactly like themselves. So its no surprise that they become so judgmental and unaware of anything outside their jazz bubble.

This thread is slow

Have you checked out AF the Naysayer or any of his associates? His Dolo Jazz Suite thing feels like a slice of the LA Beat Scene except if no one gave a shit about it
>>
who knows where to see some cool local noise/experimental rock live in toronto?
>>
>>60658854
I hadn't heard about AF; I'm checking him out right now. Cool stuff, I'm gonna have to try and catch him live.

>>60658931
Good question.
>>
Buuuuuuump
Check out Donde Wolf, Gandhi Castle and Hound
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.