[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't tell if I like this album better than the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: RunTheJewelsRTJ2.jpg (227 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
RunTheJewelsRTJ2.jpg
227 KB, 658x658
I can't tell if I like this album better than the first because the rapping improved or if the production improved. It's pretty hit and miss in terms of the individual tracks but still a big improvement from the first album.
>>
It's the latter for me. The rapping is pretty consistent in both, but the actual tracks sound way better. Sea Legs is my fav out of the both albums though.
>>
The lyrics improved too.
>>
>>60653527

Yeah, rapping and writing is great on both, but the production of the second is what wins it for me. Plus, I feel like Mike goes harder in some songs than he did on R1J1.

That being said, more of a fan of the beginning half of RtJ2 than the latter.
>>
>>60649229
I loved this album but I've never listen to the first one. Should I listen to it?
>>
>>60653658
Eh, it's really the same thing just not as good
>>
I like every song on RTJ2. It's such a good album. I think it's good because of the way El-P made the beats correlate with the rhymes. The beats go perfect with the verses. In the first album, El-P and Killer Mike were just rapping over pre-made instrumentals that El-P made.
>>
>>60653693
You still have "Run the Jewels", "Sea Legs", "36 Chains", "No Come Down" and "A Christmas Fucking Miracle".
>>
the first was fun
the second was obnoxious with some really fucking terrible features
>>
>>60653860
>some really fucking terrible features

You're probably thinking of one track, Love Again feat. Gangsta Boo. Her verse is really funny but it wasn't terrible. This album doesn't even have features plastered all over it. Close Your Eyes has a really good feature.
>>
>>60653918
no, i'm specifically talking about the DUDE THE GOVERNMENT IS EVIL LMAO rapper on close your eyes
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.