[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT. Post interactions you've had with famous musicians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: ty.jpg (13 KB, 316x400) Image search: [Google]
ty.jpg
13 KB, 316x400
ITT. Post interactions you've had with famous musicians

I once caught a glimpse Thom Yorke at the premiere of Cloud Atlas in London, however he was too far away to get to.
>>
>>60653254
i met flying lotus in a grocery store he was kind of a dick tho
>>
>>60653268
Please expand on this, I'm sure it was a highly surreal and humorous encounter!
>>
>>60653254
Met Thom. He came into the shop I was running at the time. After he made his purchase and he commented on our choice of music (Joy Division) I thanked him for his work. He then put me on the list for the show they were playing later that week. Got to the show and we had VIP wristbands waiting for us. Saw him a few days later and thanked him for the show. He's an awesome guy.
>>
Wwhat would have occurred had you "got to him?"
>>
>>60654675
tits or gtfu
>>
met billy sheehan, steve vai and a bunch of other guys like that, had a nice conversation about male pattern baldness with blaze bailey, talked to a lot of techno djs
>>
I smucked thom yorkes dick once, hes huge
>>
>>60654724
Do not have tits, and I'm not showing you my dick. I do have the wristband still, but that proves nothing. He wore the item I sold him at a show shortly after, and I suppose I could then prove my employment at that shop at that time, but fuck you. I have nothing to prove to anyone on a Symbionese scrimshaw board.
>>
i saw all of death grips this summer before the seattle show. didn't talk to them, they were in a hurry to get in the venue, but it was fucking surreal all the same. especially because it was the first show on the tour.
later on during the show stefan yelled in my face and stepped on my hands a few times.
>>
I meet PeelanderZ and Melt Banana once. Nice bunch of folks wonderful performances both.
>>
>>60654931
>and stepped on my hands a few times

fucking cunt I knew it
>>
>>60654979
i was honored to get stepped on by stefan haha. but he could have left the heavy oxford shoes out of it, they kind of hurt.
>>
>>60655008
I'd love to see them live desu, how was it?
>>
>>60653254
got to talk to trent reznor once at a sam ash or guitar center when he was touring in 2000/2001 around that time for the fragile
>>
Meet Aesop Rock and Rob Sonic at SXSW that guys down to earth chill dude.
>>
I met Thom Yorke once. I was in California and I happened to run into him at a local diner. He was sitting alone and it looked like he'd only just started eating, so I decided to just go up and say hi (if his friends were there I would have just let him be). Anyway, I walk up and say hello and tell him I know him from Radiohead. Nothing. No reaction. Doesn't say a word. He just sits there, staring right through me. Staring intensely, but with no emotion whatsoever.

I begin to feel awkward, so I say "sorry to disturb you" and start to walk away but before I even get a chance to turn he just gets up suddenly and starts walking toward me, still making full eye contact. At first I thought he was going to try and barge into me or something, but at the last minute (like an inch away from me) he turns and heads toward the trash can. Then he starts dumping everything on his plate into it. One by one. Potatoes, carrots, everything. He picks up each bit of food up, holds it high above the can and drops it. Some of it didn't even make it into the trash because he wasn't looking at what he was doing.

Finally his plate is empty and this is the part that really fucking weirded me out. He looks around to check no one (but me) is looking, then slides the plate under his jacket and walks out.

I was just astounded, it was pretty surreal.
>>
>>60655136
works better with mikey girey desu
>>
Ran into Thor Harris by the merch stand at a Swans concert and had a conversation about past gigs we'd been to with him and some other guy, he was pretty chill
>>
Mark Lanegan signed his latest LP to me after a show. He looked tired but he smiled when i said i loved the show. We also shook hands.

I met Thom Lux, who signed me Lanterns not long after the album came out. We spoke about the next album (which happened to be Bones) and meeting people we love huhu.

I had a long and interesting conversation with Kayus from Young Fathers (the little black guy with a nose ring). We spoke about refugees, racism, and what is actually being a foreigner. We hugged, i don't know if he did it to show that it has to end or if he relly liked talking to me. He also told me they'd start to record a new album "when they have time to rest".

Also, i spoke for like ten seconds with some little bands/artists, just to buy the record or say that i loved the show : The Chap, James Leg, Mein Sohn William... Shit i bet you've never heard of, but the best show are the ones with 70 fuckers in a basement
>>
>>60655059
best show i've ever seen (i've been to a few other shows that /mu/ would like, i saw autechre a few months back, and nothing came close to death grips).
they have an extremely spooky stage presence - even seeing them walk in to the fucking venue scared the shit out of me.
zach was insane on the drums, i don't think he took a break from playing for the entire set. he broke a few water bottles on his snare and drank while playing one-handed, it was so fucking cool.
andy looked intimidating as fuck, but he also seemed like he was having the most fun. he mixed the whole set and also played an extremely abrasive synth patch once in a while, which sounded awesome.
stefan - where do i start? he walked out on stage and started scanning the crowd, and the entire crowd went insane (this was problematic because the entire crowd pushed towards the stage. i was front and center against the battier and all the pressure was me. my ribs were black and blue for weeks). stefan's vocals sound better live than they do in videos, his screams on why a bitch gotta lie were crazy. he was definitely the strangest member, he looked like he was in a trance. all he ever said to the audience was 'thank you' right before he walked offstage.
all in all it was the best part of my summer, one of the best parts of my fucking life. especially because i was one of the first to see them in real life since the breakup, i was sort of a part of history, ya know?
anyway if you get the chance to see them, fucking do it. /mu/ is starting to hate on them more and more, but they're honestly one of the most talented live acts in the world. don't let anyone on here tell you otherwise.
>>
>>60655100
damn, that was a dark time in his life. what was he like? how fucked up did he look?
>>
>>60655272
>the best show are the ones with 70 fuckers in a basement

anon knows what's up
>>
>>60655297
>andy looked intimidating as fuck
fuck I would have never thought that haha

sounds amazing m8, glad you had such a great time, I'll try to see them if and when they'll come to europe
I really don't think all the hate they're getting on /mu/ is anything more than a meme btw
>>
>>60655323
he was pretty sickly looking, happy to talk to me though. he was writing Still at the time, as he said he was writing piano music for Mark Romanek's project that fell through, one hour photo.
>>
>>60653254

I work at the Radisson in downtown Austin, TX

Between SXSW and ACL, I've probably had more fleeting interactions with famous musicians than anybody ITT by doing check-ins.

>tfw we'll get fired if we ask for autographs
>>
>>60653254
I talked to peter steele from type o negative for like an hour in 2004

he was really badass and down to earth guy he was fucking huge too his fingers were like bananas
>>
Met Stephen Pope from Wavves. Nathan was kind of a chotch, but Stephen was cool as shit, we shotgunned beers and smoked a few joints.
>>
>>60656264
I also met CJ McMahon from Thy Art Is Murder, one of my metalhead friends took me to one of their shows a few years ago, he was really fucking cool, talked for like an hour or so.
>>
One time I was up at the front at a smashing pumpkins show.

The show was ending, and Billy was making his final rounds across the stage, smiling and waving to the people in the front. Then Billy looked at me for a solid 2 seconds and frowned, then walked off stage.

I felt really bad after that because I don't know what I did wrong.
>>
>get drunk with a couple of friends
>somehow stumble upon this huge mantion
>gate was open; sneak in
>lose my friends for a bit
>get to master bedroom
>it's thom yorke sleeping
>put lemon in his mouth
>leave
>>
File: 1447722442402.png (13 KB, 240x215) Image search: [Google]
1447722442402.png
13 KB, 240x215
>>60655136
fake or not, i want more (if possible)
>>
>>60653254
I never have. Although, the guy cleaning the stage up after a Pixies show gave me the guitar picks they used for that show. I'll see if I can find them and post a pic.
>>
File: DSC00075.jpg (518 KB, 2356x1324) Image search: [Google]
DSC00075.jpg
518 KB, 2356x1324
>>60656565
>>
I saw at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>60656695
Dude that's rad
>>
>>60656728
I know, it was a great show too.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.