[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Tool?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: selffellatio.jpg (370 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
selffellatio.jpg
370 KB, 1920x1080
What does /mu/ think of Tool?
>>
buttrock under the guise of prog
>>
>>60651447
They were my favourite band and first time I really got into a band/music at 14.

I tried to listen to them recently and it was pretty bland though. Still they have a special place to me.
>>
>>60651884
LOL XDD
>>
File: DALE.jpg (2 MB, 6328x5005) Image search: [Google]
DALE.jpg
2 MB, 6328x5005
>>60651447
WHY
>>
>>60651447

go check out those guys from italy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzaNFTLSkpc
>>
>>60651884
you don't know much about tool, do you?
>>
softrock dronefest
>>
File: tool_band_promopic_2006_021.jpg (22 KB, 350x299) Image search: [Google]
tool_band_promopic_2006_021.jpg
22 KB, 350x299
>>
>>60651447
They'd be better if they weren't so pretentious.
>inb4 buzzwords
The fact that Maynard wants you to believe he can't produce the EMOTION of a song in a live show unless he's in the dark and that you have to view the album art as you listen to the music to get the full experience is bullshit; it's only there to make you think he's drawing all this from the bottom of his soul, that he's this incredibly enlightened being who knows how to express himself in ways we can't possibly understand. And the reason he thinks this way? To quote him: "I went to art school". It's his attitude that makes the band so popular among fedora-tipping neckbeards: "Maynard thinks he's smart, ergo, I'm smart for listening to him!".
>>
bad
>>
Lateralus is by far their best work and 10,000 Days is utter shit
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 197x256
>>60655011
You speak like someone who has never been smacked in the fuckin mouth.
>>
>>60655048

>has never listened to Jambi

what is happening to our youth?
>>
>>60655011
>wrote a song about fist-fucking
>pretentious

haha lad to wew
>>
>>60653342

not this meme again
>>
honestly, I really enjoy Tool. I feel kinda bad about it because it's very fedora-core tho.

Honestly, they are super over-pretentious, and maynard seems like an asshole. This is coming from someone who really genuinely enjoys them.

Also, the majority of their fans are the fuckin worst
>>
>>60655485
There's no reason to feel bad about it; as long as you're not one of those "I'm not like the other guys Im smart and philosophical because I listen to tool" types, you're fine.
>>
>>60651884
Buttprog?
>>
>>60651447
Undertow is their best album.

fite me
>>
>>60655534
Sounds vaguely like buttplug.
>>
>>60655514
oh thank god
>>
>>60655563
Not wrong, but I think Aenima is when the really refined their sound. It's progressive but still retains the raw sound of undertow.
>>
>>60655514
but I am smart and philosophical because I listen to Tool...what is wrong with that anon?
>>
File: 71Fqs7zZBBL._SL1300_.jpg (188 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
71Fqs7zZBBL._SL1300_.jpg
188 KB, 1300x1300
APC is better. Everybody knows this. To me Tool was a band that thought they were smarter than they were, but the music wasn't all bad. They're format works better in shorter songs, and APC also delivered that and more interesting melodies.

Tool is meh, but I understand why they have such a fanbase. I wouldn't be embarrassed to say I'm a Tool fan as opposed to Hoobastank.
>>
>>60651447
One of my favorite bands
10,000 days is probably my favorite album by them
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.