[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Portable Music Players
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 091102_mp3player.jpg (10 KB, 302x302) Image search: [Google]
091102_mp3player.jpg
10 KB, 302x302
I'm in the market for a portable music player player. I haven't owned one for years, and I wouldn't know where to begin. Any advice. I'd like for it to be able to play flacs.
>>
Get a FiiO X1 or X3.
>>
>>60646456
budget?
>>
>>60646469
and yeah, these are probably the best options for most priceranges.
>>
>>60646471
None to speak of.
>>
Fuck expensive Fiio players, buy a Sansa Clip+ and Rockbox it.
>>
>>60646524

lol.

>>60646456
Fiio is a well priced lossless audio player. If you don't fancy yourself as an audiophile, then get something more basic/cheaper.

really, it depends on what you want out of a portable music player
>>
>>60646550
100% serious.
Rockbox is amazing.
>>
>>60646550
I generally only listen to music at 600kb/s, on some decent headphones. I'm not an audiophile but I have gotten the point where I dislike mp3's.
>>
Has anyone tried the Sony Walkman players (A15/A25 or A17/A27 series) I have an X3 gen 2 right now, but the interface is just shit. The wheel is horribly inaccurate, and the Sonys have a battery life of like 30 hours vs. under 10 for the Fiio. I'm not sure how it compares for audio quality though.
>>
If you just want a decent low price mp3 just get one of the Sansa, check the Clip+ and Clip Zip (the main difference is a larger screen on the Zip), and stay away from any other model. Then just put rockbox on that shit.

Now if you want to step it up get a fiio x1 or the 2nd gen x3.

Note that for a good sound you also need some good headphones, look for the Soundmagic E10.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.