[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any connection between the notes that you sing and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: weezer-200-080307.jpg (14 KB, 200x225) Image search: [Google]
weezer-200-080307.jpg
14 KB, 200x225
Is there any connection between the notes that you sing and the notes you play? I heard that Rivers Cuomo used different tuning on his guitar and it was somehow connected with his singing and I got confused. I have a notion that you're not supposed to sing either flat or sharp notes and that's it. Is there more to it?
>>
>>60644014
what are you on about

You can sing flat and sharp notes all you want. He changed the tune of his guitar likely to change the tune of a song itself.

Changing the tune of a song will step it up or down a few semitones, and he adjusted it to his voice, because the original tonality had notes he couldn't reach
>>
>>60644085
What is the tune of a song?
>>
>>60644143
The tonality it's in. We organize the musical notes in twelve notes. There are twelve tonalities, each having a scale starting in one of these notes.

Looking at a piano might help you understand this concept. If you play any song exactly one key "earlier" than it would be played, you'll be reproducing a song one semitone under the original.

If you have a deep voice and the song you want to sing is originally sang by someone with a higher pitched voice, you'll have to bring it down a few semitones.
>>
File: 1439622084403.gif (571 KB, 199x199) Image search: [Google]
1439622084403.gif
571 KB, 199x199
>>
OP most weezer sogs are in half step down if thats what you're asking
>>
>>60644293
Thanks!
>>
>>60644293
One more thing. What's the difference between tonality and key of a song?
>>
>>60644421
the key is more about if it's major, minor, or a mode i think. tonality is just which letter it starts on.
>>
>>60644421
Your mum m8
>>
>>60644371
But why changing guitar tuning? Just play lower notes. What am I missing?
>>
>>60644663
>>
>>60644663
>>
>>60644663
So you can play a G major in the tone of F#. So you can play an E major in the tone of D#. Get my drift? Kinda like how you use a capo, but the other way
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.