[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neil Young Appreciation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Neil_Young_-_Per_Ole_Hagen.jpg (178 KB, 600x421) Image search: [Google]
Neil_Young_-_Per_Ole_Hagen.jpg
178 KB, 600x421
Where do I start with Neil Young? All I've heard is Buffalo Springfield and Harvest, and while I enjoy the country rock sounds of both albums, I've heard that Young is extremely eclectic. I'm really into 70's hard rock/heavy metal (steppenwolf,blue cheer, etc.) So where does one begin with Neil Young? I cant believe no one has made a flowchart yet, can we band together and make one? I dunno.
>>
>>60643086
Trans
>>
>>60643098
This man is a memer don't trust him.
Listen to Zuma, On the Beach, Broken Arrow, Sleeps With Angels, and then just pick random albums and listen to them.
>>
>>60643116
I'm a girl
>>
Can't believe no one has mentioned After the gold rush.
>>
>>60643116
Trans is pretty good tho
>>
>>60643086
If you like his rock music check out any album of his with his band Crazy Horse.

Live Rust is my favorite
>>
If you like the more acoustic folky stuff check out: After the Gold Rush, Live at massey hall, Everyone knows this is nowhere, Harvest Moon

The hard rock stuff, which I'm not a huge fan of, but even Neil at his worst his pretty good, check out: Rust Never Sleeps, Freedom, and Ragged Glory
>>
Sounds lame but i'd start with his greatest hits. He has a stack of albums and they are all worth trawling through. Essentials for me are

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Zuma
On The Beach
Harvest
After The Gold Rush
Tonight's The Night
Live Rust

He also wrote Buffalo Springfield's greatest song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzMl0-bhNcM
>>
File: 816CyNiNKIL._SL1425_.jpg (286 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
816CyNiNKIL._SL1425_.jpg
286 KB, 1425x1425
pic is underrated

also with Crazy Horse
Live Rust
Live at the Fillmore East
Everybody Knows This is Nowhere

Solo:
After the Gold Rush
On the Beach
Harvest
Tonight's the Night
Live at Massey Hall 1971
>>
On the Beach is his best. Also listen to Rust Never Sleeps, After the Goldrush, and Tonights the Night
>>
>>60643086
I can't believe no one has mentioned Psychedelic Pill, it's pretty good jam hard rock, m8.
>>
Listen to Dylan.
>>
File: NeilYoung_Decade.jpg (85 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
NeilYoung_Decade.jpg
85 KB, 300x300
>>60643086
get decade
double album of his best
>>
>>60643131
it's been 4 posts cheel mate

>>60643086
A moment to appreciate Neil Young,
Rock God.
Neil Young, who sings the language of the common man.
Neil Young, who knows the raw groan of the soul...

Also this song is beast you should check it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU1Xd_SnGYM
>>
on the beach
tonight's the night
after the goldrush
harvest
everybody know this is nowhere

amazing, emotional, intricate, cathartic work
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.