[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you appreciate more in music: The technical skill of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 7ef.jpg (29 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
7ef.jpg
29 KB, 600x600
What do you appreciate more in music:

The technical skill of writing the music?

or

The skill of wrtting emotion into music?
>>
the second, and I'd argue anyone who prefers the first is actually a closet autist.
>>
Definitely the skill of writing emotion into music. Wank that goes nowhere is just wank
>>
>>60642366
>muh feels
>>
I don't really see how they are mutually exclusive, unless you define "technical skill" purely from a perspective of a theoretical understanding.
>>
why not both

fag
>>
>>60642346
Progressive rock has both
>>
>>60642395
>>60642402

appreciate more does not mean you have to pick one and completely eliminate the other
>>
>>60642411
>which do you appreciate more

>the technical skill of writing the music
>or the skill of writing emotion into music which is a sub-skill of the first category

it's just a bad post tbqh
>>
>>60642380

>Wank that goes nowhere is just wank

yes but that can be technically well writen even if it dosen't amount to much
see: minimalism, serialism, prog/post rock
>>
>>60642421

OP here
>it's just a bad post tbqh

true it's badly written but an you not see what I’m getting at like something can be well written but not enjoyable on an emotional level it's a matter of subjective opinion as to which you see you appreciate most
>>
>>60642346
I prefer the skill of being able to play (improvise) your feelings in sound form.
>>
>>60642346
I like catchy tunes and sexy female vocals sm
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 259x195
>>60642406
>>
File: 1441601218679.jpg (292 KB, 750x733) Image search: [Google]
1441601218679.jpg
292 KB, 750x733
>muh feels
fuck off nietzsche
>>
The skill of incorporating emotion.

You can get as technical as you want when you make something, but I feel like the ability to make your music an extension of you instead of just something you're good at is much more appealing.
>>
>>60642346
Neither desu
>>
>>60642346
I enjoy the latter and appreciate the former
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.