[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this is clearly the best Bowie album right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 724352190751.600x600-75.jpg (139 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
724352190751.600x600-75.jpg
139 KB, 600x600
So this is clearly the best Bowie album right?
>>
can confirm
>>
absolutely
>>
it's like 90% Eno
>>
>>60639501
I'm listening to it right now. Did Eno just do the synths or did he write a lot of the songs too? even if he just did the synths then he really added a lot to the music
>>
>>60639501
>doesn't know who Tony Visconti is
>>
File: station.jpg (138 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
station.jpg
138 KB, 600x600
>>
>>60639578
Should I listen to Station to Station next? I haven't listened to his whole discography yet.
>>
>>60639614
yes, it's objectively his best
>>
>>60639473

No.

Heroes, STS and Ziggy are better.
>>
>>60639537
He had a deck of flash cards and asked the band to play in respect to the randomly drawn card.
>>
>>60639634
No, that's Aladdin Sane.
>>
>>60639870
really ?
>>
>>60639939
yes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oblique_Strategies
>>
yup, it is

it's a weird thing that "Heroes" seems like an improvement with the elements taken individually - it has better songs with vocals, instrumentals are comparable and I really like the ending with Neukoln leading into The Secret Life of Arabia, but somehow as a complete album it just doesn't feel as good
>>
>>60639946
wow what the fuck. Thats pretty wierd. It showed some examples, and I can't imagine that helping at all. one of them says "try faking it!"
>>
>>60639985
you can't imagine using cards like that helping musicians in getting rid of established patterns and trying out doing things in a different way?

I think you need to imagine harder.
>>
>>60640043
I think 'getting rid of established patterns and trying out doing things in a different way" is important, but I don't personally believe those cards would help me do that.
>>
>>60639985
Bowie is mime. He can fake anything.

The problem lies when you draw ones like "Short circuit (example: a man eating peas with the idea that they will improve his virility shovels them straight into his lap)".
>>
>>60639946
This is really interesting.
>>
I found out about Bowie through NIN too.

But yes.
>>
File: Scary Monsters.jpg (87 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Scary Monsters.jpg
87 KB, 500x500
The Partrician's choice
>>
>>60639501
>co-wrote one track
>>
>>60640800
Came here to post this.
Scary Monsters most underrated Bowie.
And Station to Station is better than Low
>>
> That would be a fact
> Implying Station to Station wasn't out there
>>
Ziggy Stardust>Heroes>Low

haven't heard the rest
>>
>>60639578
my nigga, first time I heard the intro I played it at least 10 times that day

also the album's development is cool
>Bowie himself remembers almost nothing of the album's production, not even the studio, later admitting, "I know it was in LA because I've read it was".[2] The singer was not alone in his use of cocaine during the sessions, Carlos Alomar commenting, "if there's a line of coke which is going to keep you awake till 8 a.m. so that you can do your guitar part, you do the line of coke ... the coke use is driven by the inspiration." Like Bowie, Earl Slick had somewhat vague memories of the recording: "That album's a little fuzzy—for the obvious reasons! We were in the studio and it was nuts—a lot of hours, a lot of late nights."[17]
>>
>>60641706
Why bother posting
>>
>>60641706
>>60641831
Also you've got it completely reversed
>>
I like low but I think its incredibly overrated here (even though subterraneans is my favourite thing bowie recorded)
I feel like Diamond Dogs and Aladdin Sane dont get enough love here
Ziggy will always be gold from a to z for me, as will Heroes and Hunky Dory
>>
SIMIGAAAAAA OUOULEAYAYHUUUU
>>
>>60639473
yes
>>
>>60639870
>>60639939
come on, this is basic Eno lore
>>
>>60640273
>Short circuit (example: a man eating peas with the idea that they will improve his virility shovels them straight into his lap)

True musical genius.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQVMulkBqg
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.