[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just listened to this album for the first time.... [spoiler]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
So I just listened to this album for the first time....

[spoiler] it's absolute dogshit am i wrong? this is fucking terrible unless I am listening to it incorrectly.[/spoiler]

anyone else agree?
>>
>>60639264
nice b8 m8
>>
>>60639286
i'm not even b8ing... do people like this unironically? I heard it was so acclaimed and it sounds like trash to me. What the actual fuck, this album HAS to be a meme or some bullshit
>>
>>60639264
You can't spoiler on this board. Your words didn't become blacked out and everyone can see them
>>
>>60639305
yes you can tell i dont visit here at all. I had to post this here and see if i was not getting an inside joke or something because this legit sounds awful to me and I cannot believe it was received so well.
>>
>>60639286
>anyone who disagrees is baiting

I'm sorry for your autism friend.
>>
>>60639264
What hip hop have you listened to, outsider?

TPAB is very inaccessible, especially for people that don't normally listen to hip hop.

If you want a more friendly but equally acclaimed record, Good Kid MAAD City is your salvation.
>>
>>60639314
do you like hip-hop or jazz? Do you like funk? Do you like ATCQ? Do you like De La soul? Do you like outkast?
>>
File: 1441675232726.jpg (22 KB, 223x289) Image search: [Google]
1441675232726.jpg
22 KB, 223x289
Section 80 is better than this white guilt filled album
>>
>>60639341
I disagree, Kendrick Lamar is some of the only hip hop I listen to.

However, try listening to some more hip hop before this album
>>
>>60639341
I have listened to so much shit. I like a good amount of songs Kendrick is involved in, whether guest or singing himself so I thought this would sound good to me. It just seems... so bad for how good of ratings it got, what am I missing? I definitely don't think im a stranger to hip hop.

>>60639354
Hip Hop is great, jazz not so much. Funk is pretty good, I like what I assume is good funk elements in a Hip Hop song. A tribe called quest? I dont think I like them, or De La Soul. I like a few songs by Outkast I suppose.
>>
>>60639358
>muh white guilt meme
You're a dumb faggot
>>
>>60639385
>Hip Hop is great, jazz not so much. Funk is pretty good, I like what I assume is good funk elements in a Hip Hop song. A tribe called quest? I dont think I like them, or De La Soul. I like a few songs by Outkast I suppose.

So you just have shit tastes. That explains a lot.
>>
>>60639477
but the thing is I have huge taste, it encompasses shit but also good stuff. I guess i have to be some hipster memeing faglord to like this garbage
>>
>>60639494
>huge

What are you retarded? You just have shit taste. Don't overthink it m8.
>>
>>60639521
if you say so, enjoy your shitty meme album then. Its literally loaded with so much sound going on at once that it ruins every song.
>>
File: 1442965675618.jpg (7 KB, 215x225) Image search: [Google]
1442965675618.jpg
7 KB, 215x225
This is an accessible album. Stop saying that it is inaccessible, this is not fucking merzbow or early anco.
The album is disconcerting to those who are used to modern hip-hop or not familiar with jazz-infused hip hop like early 00's and late 90's hip hop, but it is not inaccessible.

Stop trying to claim your album is anything special because it, like every other "conscious hip hop" album from the past 5 years, is nothing of the sort.

What the album is:
-inspired
-over-hyped
-reminiscent
-uncomfortable
-black
-funky
-self indulgent
-exciting
-timely
-thundercat-y
-p-funk-y
-dre-y
-outkast-y

It is a good album. If you think it is a masterpiece, then that's your opinion; the fact that you think that is unnerving as if it wasn't Kendrick I can safely say that you would not have liked it as much as you do.
>>
>>60639264
i love the instrumentals on this album, and there are some truly great songs, but some of the lyrics on here are awful. namely, the michael jackson and nelson mandela lines in the last song will never fail to induce cringe.
>>
>>60639576
>this is not fucking merzbow or early anco
never change /mu/
>>
>>60639576
but I LOVE LOVE LOVE dre, thats what I dont get. I was pretty sure Dre is heavily involved in most shit Kendrick does so... why do I dislike this so much? Dre is a fucking god.
>>
>>60639598
listen to it again
>>
>>60639608
i did m8, I keep trying to find something I like... King Kunta is probably the most bearable song on here to me. I did not like Compton a soundtrack the new dre album either so maybe im fucked. But then again I have listened to 2001 beyond countable amount of time. Everytime I go back to it I find a new song I like, it's such a perfect album.
>>
>>60639576
> There is still elitist retards like this guy who seriously think an album has to be inaccessible to be great.

>>60639598
This album is more Dre-ish than Compton. There is definitely something wrong with you.
>>
>>60639641
are you stupid
he said that the album is not inaccessible, a common label that is put on the album by many fans telling other people about it
he also said it's a good album

are you stupid?
>>
>>60639641
I really disliked Compton as well. I will be forever upset that Compton came out and we will never see Detox.
>>
>>60639264
>>60639298
It's just not for you. No big deal.
>>
>>60639298

>I don't like it, so it must be a meme!
>>
>>60639620
you're into pop, and that's fine. you're not going to impress any music-centric autists, but you're fine, maybe a little close minded at worst. the album is pretty formally interesting, but artistically it pretty much just amounts to a really dense humble brag. whatever.
>>
>>60639735
probably true. Still, so many people are into this album that I figured even someone into pop shit would enjoy it. I do think im into a lot more than just that though, i've come to appreciate hip hop a lot more than mainstream stuff in years.
>>
>>60639803
what are you thoughts on the blacker the berry?
>>
>>60639826
this has to be one of the, if not THE worst song on the album. Hurts to listen to honestly
>>
>>60639844
why's that? lyrically at least, that's the best song imo
>>
>>60639854
the instrumental just doesnt feel right, theres a lot of random clips of voice that seem strange, kendrick is singing like a crazy serial killer.
>>
>>60639880
all of those elements contribute to the intensity of the song pretty effectively
>>
>>60639920
i dont know, the voice really throws me too. The instrumental is one thing but the way he sings is like Eminem's angry yelling. I much like how Kendrick has a lighter sounding voice most of the time such as in King Kunta or really any other song hes in. It's very distinct to him and in this song it is almost not recognizable he is singing.
>>
Not as bad as dog shit but dog pee frist track and it sucks dog balls
>>
>>60639942
i think the lyrics necessitate the rage
>>
>>60639995
they very much do im sure. He wouldnt do it for no reason, but i personally dislike that. Kendrick has a really neat voice, and that throws it away.

I guess that's the theme in this album. He's very different from everything else he's done, I like other stuff by him but this is a wrong step to me. It seems he was trying to do something different, I was wondering if people here thought it was good.
>>
>>60639298
What don't you like about it?
>>
>>60640016
yes it's a good album, but that's all
>>
it was a good album. not great by any means but good.
>>
>>60640016
it's a concept album
if you're looking for euphony and purely aesthetic music (true g-funk in this case), stop wasting your time with tpab, or acquire some critical listening skills in order to thoroughly determine your own opinion of it before moving forward
http://genius.com/Kendrick-lamar-the-blacker-the-berry-lyrics/
>>
>>60640078
>rapgenius

top pleb
>>
>>60639264
>[spoiler]
crossboard posters need to leave
>>
File: 55412862.jpg (250 KB, 500x656) Image search: [Google]
55412862.jpg
250 KB, 500x656
>>60640114
>>
>>60639576
>retard pitchfork drone child attempts to think of something "inaccessible"
>first thing the child thinks of is fucking animal collective and babby's very first noise
HOLY SHIT I AM KEKING
>>
KILL
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.