[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't know where to ask this, thought id come here first.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: MePlayinGuitarHero.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
MePlayinGuitarHero.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
Don't know where to ask this, thought id come here first.
What's the best electric guitar + amp I can buy for around $150? I'm interested in learning how to play but unsure of what I should be looking for.
>>
>>60635594
The website you want is rondomusic.com. The SX guitars are the most famously reliable. There are guitar+amp combos for that price. However you can also try getting a used amp on craigslist as used amps are usually as good as new amps. FYI, a small amp can still be very, very loud so don't waste on a big amp when you're starting. Also, I dont recommend getting a guitar with a tremolo(whammy bar).
>>
Also check to make sure you are getting a full scale instrument, if the scale length is over 24 inches you're good. Try listening to some demos online to figure out what you like, the basic things to consider for a starter guitar is the scale length, 24 3/4 for a gibson tone and 25 1/2 for a fender tone, and whether you want humbucker or single coil pickups. Just choose based on what sounds good to you. The guitars at rondomusic.com come with good strings. You'll probably need to buy some picks.
>>
Don't. Look to borrow a guitar or something, Get something used from craigslist to see if you like it. Then, save up exactly $800 and buy an ESP LTD EC-256 or higher and a nice Crate Blackheart stack or a good Orange amp. There's no sense in paying too much money for gear, just as there's no sense in buying needlessly shitty gear. You'll thank me later.
>>
File: 1441381991057.jpg (94 KB, 867x1193) Image search: [Google]
1441381991057.jpg
94 KB, 867x1193
>>60636980
>

don't listen to this OP, that's the most retarded thing I've ever heard in my life.
>>
>>60636997
>Says the faggot who leaves a maymay arrow with no text and doesn't capitalize the beginnings of his sentences, but still manages to use apostrophes in his contractions.
Utter fucking garbage.
>>
>>60635594
I wouldn't bother with a rig that cheap. Its just won't be quality enough to keep you interested. Just save up another $100 while you do some research on what you want and buy a guitar to get yourself started with playing/learning. Then you can save up another $150 or so and buy a decent practice amplifier once you can make something come out of it that isn't just the sound of you fumbling around and failing. If you have no means of getting more money, just buy an acoustic. If you must buy an electric+amp for $150, try your local craigslist and you might be able to get something usable from somebody who just wants to get rid of something they bought their kid for his birthday or whatever.
>>
>>60636980
I understand the idea of only wanting good gear, but I would like to point out that buying used gear with the intent to sell it again can be cheaper than renting gear. As in, free. I know I've been able to sell the gear I've gotten off rondomusic for the same price I bought it at after years of use. So don't think that you have to go without decent equipment because you aren't sure if you're going to get into guitar or not. I personally consider the sub 150 guitars totally up to snuff, and a beginner won't be able to take advantage of a higher quality instrument anyway. I'd rather think a beginner might be more comfortable with a guitar they are not worried about damaging.
>>
>>60636980
>>60637046
these t.b.h.

>>60636997
also, fuck this nigger
>>
>>60637045
>
>
>
> au tism
>
>
>>
File: Wall-Decals-2049-3.jpg (37 KB, 288x360) Image search: [Google]
Wall-Decals-2049-3.jpg
37 KB, 288x360
>>60637081
>>au tism
>au _______ tism

>i shiggy diggy doooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>60637115
that's not ironic enough, catch a whiff of THIS meme, my friend!
>>
>>60637046
I've gotten a marshal practice amp for $20 on craigslist and I love it. It doesn't have any effects but it's got gain, mid EQ, and a separate clean channel. I think that it's a prevailing idea that cheap guitars can't be good, but technology has made quality instruments much cheaper. If it were me, I would buy a cheap guitar, and when I wanted a better setup i would get a fret level and new pickups.
>>
>>60636980

>ESP
>Blackheart
>$800 on a beginner rig when he only has $150
>Assuming everybody likes or wants to play shitty prog or metal

Don't respond if you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
File: cow-udder-dairy-31144825.jpg (273 KB, 1300x993) Image search: [Google]
cow-udder-dairy-31144825.jpg
273 KB, 1300x993
>>60637142
>I don't play prog metal at all

Did you not see where I told him to get a cheap instrument first then save for a good rig? Are you fucking retarded? Does your mommy tie your shoes? Did you get enough tendies?

Are you one of those faggots that thinks you can only play certain styles of music with certain guitars? I hope you one day realize that you're utter fucking garbage and you should be crucified.
>>
>>60637139
cheap guitars can be good, but not $150 for a whole setup cheap. even the best of used finds would be mediocre at that price. buying a guitar for $100 and putting $140 worth of pickups in it plus the money for a fret level is ridiculous when you can just buy a guitar that doesn't need them from the get go,
>>
>>60637182
I've never seen someone get so fantastically ass-destroyed over a simple dissent.
Your senseless reactionism makes me think you'd be better off in /pol/ or tumblr.
(Oh also, by the by, not everyone wants ESP guitars, they're frankly not that great, even at their price point.)
>>
>>60637182
Maybe you need a nap. You are awfully worked up about nothing.
>>
>>60637269
>>60637250
NICE SAME SHITTING, POST FAGS
>>
>>60637290
You're not putting up much of a fight, are you?
>>
>>60637239
Honestly I think a guitar that's as good as cheap+upgrades would cost exactly the same, you just get a lower cost of entry and more personalized tone if you choose pickups yourself. A good body and neck are gonna be pretty much the same between the best guitar you can get for 150 and the best guitar you can get for 300.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.