[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand people's argument for this not being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
I don't understand people's argument for this not being one of the greatest albums of all time. Can I get some clarity here?
>>
>>60633513
pretty legendary.
>>
it sucks
>>
>>60633536
why?
>>
>>60633513
Don, Aman and For Dinner... are aimless and boring. Good Morning Captain is the same two musical phrases repeated for seven and a half minutes. The lyrics throughout the album are mostly terrible.
>>
ive never seen a good argument for why this album is bad either. most of the time its just people who dont/arent smart enough to understand. i dont mean you need to be a genius to understand this album, just that a lot of people on this board are stupid
>>
>>60633609
I would maybe agree with For Dinner... being boring, but Don, Aman? That's one of the most intense songs I've ever heard.
>>
>>60633609
>Don, Aman
>aimless
lol
>>
>>60633513
I think alot of people don't get that its really narrative based. Like, although the instrumentals make great use of dynamics, dissonance and sorta unorthodox rhythms, they're actually pretty simple. What makes them God-tier is how they compliment the spoken word narration and evoke emotion.
>>
>>60633609
Got to agree with the others man, Don Aman is an intense track. I mean, the instrumental is relatively simple, but that dissonance and the whispered vocals are fucking haunting man.
>>
>>60633609
>The lyrics throughout the album are mostly terrible
Only if you read them without context of the music. The way he vocalizes them supports the tone and structure of the song. It's not leading in any sort of way like traditional rock
>>
>>60633609
I'm sorry man you're wrong if you believe Don, Aman is aimless in any way. There is the most fucking aim ever there
>>
its really good playing wise. they sound like a perfectly functioning Unit
>>
Only good song is nosferatu man.
>>
>>60633683
simple but pensive. being complex isn't always better.
>>
Not best album of all time, but I'd say it's at least an 8. Love washer, breadcrumb trail, and Don, Aman
>>
>>60633513

Some folks can't dig it. I tried showing it to a friend of mine and he found it "too scary." At least he acknowledged the riffs n' guitar playing; general arrangement to create a mood.

If I may, I think I prefer the songwriting abilities of contemporary Rodan.
>>
File: 1447665359911.gif (1 MB, 430x516) Image search: [Google]
1447665359911.gif
1 MB, 430x516
>>60634265
>spiderland
>scary
>>
this album used to be undisputed mucore
>>
>>60635559
Yeah then people actually listened to it.

I found it languid, musically infantile, the mumbling vocals were unbearable and just an album that went to a whole lot of nowhere.

And it really sounded like something I would like...
>>
It's just plain boring. Everyone goes on about how emotional it is "OMG DON STEPPED OUTSIDE I MISS YOUUUU :(((" and it just seems so cheesy to me.
>>
>>60633599
because anon says so...
>>
>>60633513
Greatest agreed desu senpai
>>
>>60635625
It's better live. Makes probably the best rock set you could hear in this lifetime.
>>
> Be me see this thread
Gave it bacon double benefit of the doubt. Can't be that bad I think to myself
have never been more wrong in my life
Am now convinced it is a CIA psi-op designed to draw out the legendary proto hipster overmind from hiding

Conclusion: anyone who claims to like this is a try hard fucking liar, the amount of self brainwashing needed to enjoy this shit far defeats the reward.
>>
>>60638176
>implying
>>
>>60633609
Don, Aman is fantastic and part of what makes it fantastic IS it's focus.

Good Morning Captain is incredible. It's repetitive phrasing is central in the emotional development of the track. The increase in the dynamics of the track emphasizes the kind of vicious cycle that isolation can bring.
> I LOVE YOUUUU
For Dinner is amazing
>>60634674
>>60634265
spiderland can be terrifying. It's a look into the collapsing mind of the adolescent.
>>60635625
listen to it more
>>60638176
lmao I love this album
>>
Greatest album of all time is right here, kiddo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVbF826m8UA
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.