[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Loren Connors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 600x600
Redpill me on Loren Connors
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
avant-garde guitarist from Connecticut, known for combining a lot of styles into something truly unique and something you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere else. intimate, relaxed, humble. just a man and his guitar, no other instruments or vox going on, except for his older stuff with folk musician kath bloom. incidentally he's a very profolic collaborator; he's worked with the likes of Jim o'rourke, Kim Gordon and thiurston Moore from sonic youth, Alan licht, keiji haino, Bill orcutt, the list goes on and on. overall I couldn't recommend him enough, I love his music a lot and I think you'd enjoy yourself if you like John fahey or Bill frisell.

start with lullaby, the little match girl, evangeline, airs, lullaby, and the departing of a dream trilogy. he has a huge discog so he should keep you busy for a while. enjoy.
>>
He's pretty good, saw him in Brooklyn a few months ago.
>>
please don't say "redpill" ever
>>
>>60633169
literally nothing wrong with saying redpill
>>
listen to airs op
>>
>>60633244
This
>>
>>60633244
this

and then u will be redpilling urself...
>>
>>60633210
if you don't mind looking super retarded maybe
>>
end your life
>>
>>60633169
>>60633210
>>60633347
>>60633358
redpill me on this redpill meme
>>
>>60633378
new
>>
I like his record with thurston. The only way to go is straight through. His collabs with him Jim orourke are chill. And don't forget Hoffman estates with Alan licht. Lots of badass guests on that one
>>
One of my favorite artists of all time. Airs is something else.
>>
>>60633032
>avant-garde
in what way? stop throwing this around so much it loses all meaning
>>
>>60635794
In the usual way. Same as Rowe or Frisell.
>>
>>60633378
newfaggGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
>>
>>60635820
you're going to have to expand on that.
>>
>>60633090
that nigga gave us kt, you say he killed his brother?
>>
>>60636144
i have and wouldn't say anything he has done has been "avant-garde". i'm very curious to hear your thoughts though.
>>
>>60636144
i never should have expected valuable input from you.
>>
>>60636198
avant-garde =/= jarring and dissonant
The term is nebulous, and actually pretty much defunct these days.
>>
>>60636503
>avant-garde =/= jarring and dissonant
no shit. stop making an ass out of yourself with silly assumptions.
>The term is nebulous, and actually pretty much defunct these days.
thanks to people like you leaving their opinions here. why did you use the term if you believe it to be meaningless?
>>
>>60636555
I didn't.
I was the guy that said he's like Keith Rowe or Bill Frisell, both of whom have been described as avant-garde by not me.
Just how salty are you going to get?
>>
>>60636591
please don't make completely ignorant comments just for the sake of making completely ignorant comments
>>
>>60636618
I was actually trying to help.
Too bad you're such a faggot.
>>
daily reminder that alan licht is better
>>
How are Connors and Rowe in any way similar
>>
>>60636642
see >>60636618
>>
>>60636665
both AVANT-GARDE bro you don't get it
>>
>>60636662
Not similar at all
>>
>>60636706
why are you assuming things need to be similar for one to be better?
>>
>>60636706
this is incredibly retarded
>>
>>60636691
leave it to /mu/ to molest that term daily
>>
>>60636729
blame xus
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.