[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people listen to this mediocre overproduced garbage? There
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (107 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
107 KB, 1920x1080
Why do people listen to this mediocre overproduced garbage? There are a ton of great psych rock bands from the 60s and 70s, you really have no excuse to listen to this unless you are a redditor.
>>
k
>>
i'm with OP on this one
>Morgen Delt
>Unknown Mortal Orchestra
These guys run fucking circles around tame impala
>>
>>60632236
both suck
>>
>>60632272
name a single band in remotely the same sphere of music who can fuck with either of the two i mentioned
>>
>>60632141
Image, mostly. You can't be caught dead listening to that grandparock.
>>
>>60632236
>Unknown Mortal Orchestra
nah
>>
>>60632359
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psD48B8FDsw
best beatlesque

actually very SF Sorrow but I doubt you know the reference :/
>>
It's like half this board barely delves into Psych-Rock other than the basic hype-albums from year to year.

There's a huge Psych-Rock revival going on right now with hundreds of new bands but /mu/ only mentions the same 4 or 5.
>>
>>60632141

its fun

although I will give you the new album was pretty low-tier
>>
>>60632323
i like them both but King Gizzard & The Wizard Lizard
>>
>>60632469
great stuff
>>
>>60632323
Pretty much every 60s psych pop revival group is outdone by Olivia Tremor Control.

That being said, I'm a fan of all of them, because I'm a fan of the genre.
>>
>>60632141
People like hearing the 'weirdness' of psychedelia from the 60s/70s but want to have something to sing along to. Kevin makes really poppy tunes and just splashes psychedelic elements on there
>>
>>60632592
>makes really poppy tunes and just splashes psychedelic elements on there
That's why Morgen Delt is better, both the songwriting and the psychedelics are virtuoso-tier
>>
Albums like Currents?
>>
>>60632430
getting into pysch-rock/indie rock
any suggestions? i already know Portugal The Man, Neutral Milk Hotel, Broken Bells
>>
>>60632793
Anon...
>>
>>60632430
Are you counting the wave of Southern California garage rock revivalists as part of your psych rock revival number?
>>
>>60632829
i understand there are suggestions itt but looking for more, specifically more beatles like
>>
>>60632849
>more beatles like
every good e6 band you mup
>>
>>60632872
the fuck is an e6 band
>>
>>60632907
this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpSbvtBstaM
>>
>>60632841
he probly means stuff like Black Angels, Bevis Frond, Thee Oh Sees etc?

also you can't deny there is plenty of overlap between garage and psych. it's not like Ty Segall is only one or the other.
>>
>>60632958
thanks anon, i really dig this song thanks for showin it to me
>>
>>60632141
https://youtu.be/HQK_r9vA9VM
Worth a listen
>>
Circlejerk thread. I like Lonerism, and I also like other current psych bands
>>
ame Impala is hands down the best band in the world right now. They are not pretty good, they are pretty incredible. But more than just how good they are, They represent the first ripple in a massive change that we are about to go through musically as well as culturally. I think that over the course of the next 10 years we are going to see a sort of mini-renaissance similar to what we saw in the late 50s-60s post war. With pot and gay marriage soon to be legal federally its gonna be a whole new world. 2012 end of the world isn't the end of human life, its the end of one way of thinking and the start of another. Pot...cash...crop...money! As someone already said here on Reddit, The united states will be the only country in the world were pot is legal federally. We are gonna have jobs again, and money to burn. Money to spend on art and music. In a sense, a need will be created for GOOD art and music. Not something that is coldy manufactured by hitmakers. Tame Impala is leading the charge! They are proving that people CAN tell the difference between real and manufactured music! Im not saying Tame Impala are the next Beatles but they are making enough waves to make change. Moral of story, Tame Impala Rocks!!!! They (kevin park) are making real beautiful music that only happens when a talented person commits a lot of time to something that they are passonate about. Tame Impala is a real life "bedroom" band, they way it is meant to be.

fuck off haters
>>
>>60633301
>ame
>>
>>60633312
im drunk okay
>>
>>60633301
>They are not pretty good, they are pretty incredible
stopped reading, please murder yourself
>>
>>60633338
keep reading u'll learn why tame imapal is the best in the game
changing psych msuic for the better
>>
>>60633338
keep reading my frined it will change the way you view music
>>
>>60633391
i like them enough but your cringepasta makes wish i didnt
>>
>>60633391
>>60633403
if i could murder you both IRL i would
2 worst trips on this board, 3rd goes to kedrick = booty
keep at it
f
a
m
>>
>>60633447
keep on doing your work tutter
>>
File: mu.gif (40 KB, 733x500) Image search: [Google]
mu.gif
40 KB, 733x500
Because I enjoy it? Why do I need to listen to psych rock bands that you want me to listen to from 50 years ago when I can listen to this band too?
>>
i just like it because most of it is done solely by kevin parker, and i like that because i can related to that as a solo artist.
>>
>>60632141
They're great live because the venue is filled with drunk college chicks
>>
>>60632141
Fuck off, they've done pretty well considering they're from Perth Australia
>>
>>60632761
These

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5uQMwRMHcs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_48Rn6hoR0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rbRwV0T0AQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJPjSaOcVwg
>>
>>60633534
same, tame impalas honestly the last band you should be hating on in 2015 desu. Whether or not you like his music. Hes just an introverted type music nerd that has a legitimate passion for producing and making his own music.
>>
lol currents sucked
>>
>>60634658
thanks senpai
>>
>>60632323
Tame Impala
>>
>>60634738
lol him and every bandcamp fag on /mu/.
>>
>>60634900
yea, except success
>>
>>60634927
Ariel Pink is a better example of a bedroom pop musician making it, and also makes better music.
>>
>>60634900
thats pretty much what im saying though, hes relatable. Just enjoys making music, nothing to really hate on. You either like or dont like his music and move on
>>
>>60634940
thats what we like to call an opinion
>>
File: very.jpg (55 KB, 929x543) Image search: [Google]
very.jpg
55 KB, 929x543
The girl in the new videoclip is very hot
>>
>>60636078
what is worse is that I can relate to that loser in the videoclipe cause I played basketball on the middle school and I look like the guy in the video
>>
>>60632592
>what are the beatles
>>
>>60636078

keked?
>>
>>60636106
C u c k e d. Mods did something to the word to translate it to kek. :/

See: kek
>>
>>60636078
>>60636149
>/pol/ autism
Hiro put in these based filters.

>>60636106
It's /pol/c u c k s ' favorite memeword
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.