[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/, what would you do with an overwhelming backlog?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: cds.png (75 KB, 290x180) Image search: [Google]
cds.png
75 KB, 290x180
/mu/, what would you do with an overwhelming backlog?
>>
>>60631955
what do you consider overwhelming? how many albi?
>>
>>60631984
200-300
>>
File: 1444837689797.jpg (23 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
1444837689797.jpg
23 KB, 500x271
>>60632015
fook
idk it never gets that bad for me cos I only dl stuff I want to listen to. I get twitchy when it gets to 20-25 albae but then I just stop dling things until its gone

you could go through it like it was a sharethread but being critical about what you want, move the ones you choose to "dl" to a new folder and zap the rest
or you could just declare backlog bankruptcy, delete everything and start again
or just make a promise to yourself to listen to at least one album from it a day
or any combo of the above
but most importantly you need to re-evaluate how and why you download music or its just going to happen again
>>
>>60631955
I dont think too much about it,my backlog is constantly at about 500 albums but i just keep them until i want to listen to them.
And anyway if that ttp comes huge backlogs will be a blessing.
>>
>>60631955
I want to delete most of my library and start over but i'm paranoid that in the future piracy will become impossible
>>
Alphabetical, or shuffle the whole thing.

I cherish a backlog, guaranteed to find several new favorites
>>
you listen to it
>>
>>60632198
>this weird assumption that there is anything wrong with having a backlog

i don't get you. having music to discover is the most blessed thing imaginable. if that music is already on your hard drive, and already suspected to be good, just adds accessibility and instant gratification to the mix
>>
>>60631955
the same thing I do now
>>
I've just pruned mine, there was a whole bunch of albums from genres I stopped listening to months/years ago, that maybe I would have appreciated back then but have no interest in exploring anymore.

I didn't just delete EVERYTHING I hadn't already heard, but tried to be honest with myself about whether I was really ever going to listen to some of them.
>>
>>60632278
Yeah, that. I keep downloading about 5-6 albums a day and listening to 2-3 and I'm cool with it.

I signed a petition but I don't feel really worried about the anti-piracy aspects of TPP, though that might be a case of "the boy who cried wolf" — I remember being worried about other laws passing, then they passed and nothing really changed. Maybe TPP will be different. Maybe it won't.

Other aspects of TPP are quite bad, but that's another story.
>>
you keep adding on top of it, for every album I finish from the pile I add like 5 more
>>
Listen to it, you dumb stupid fuckwit cumrag cunt. How stupid can you be if you think information that you can access at your leisure is overwhelming?
>>
>>60634930
calm the fuck down slut
>>
>>60634976
How dare you! I'm still a pure maiden
>>
File: 1448263873049.jpg (43 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1448263873049.jpg
43 KB, 1280x853
>>60635003
looking for someone to deflower you?
>>
how did that happen? My backlog usually consists of 0-3 albums, then I listen to them a couple of times, I add them to my collection or discard them, and that's it.
>>
>>60635035
As if I'd let anyone that uses 4chan touch me. Just reading you words makes my skin crawl
>>
>>60632319
Then buy a fucking external hd. Or even two. The shits are cheap af these days.
>>
>>60635051
What the fuck is wrong with you? Creep!
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.