[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is this shit? and general screamo, emoviolence,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: shit.png (84 KB, 1492x680) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
84 KB, 1492x680
I don't get it. A lot of bands sound good in the beginning of their career but later turn to shit. When i finially find something good it totally changes to shit and then it's impossible to find something similar. What the fuck is this shit?
Examples...
La Dispute
- somewhere at the bottom of... = good
- wildlife = worse but ok
Saosin
- Translating the name = good
- then...i don't know whatever came out after that but it sure sucked
Silverstein
- When broken is easily fixed = good
- Discovering the waterfront = good
- post-discovering the waterfront = meeh
Our last night
- The ghost among us = good
- later = shit
Bullet for my valentine
- The poison
- later = shit
Memphis may fire
- Memphis may fire
- Sleepwalking
- later = bullshit
Escape the fate
- Dying is your lastest fashion
- later = bullshit
Blessthefall
- A message to the unknown
- later = shit
Lovehatehero
- white lies
- later = shit

...and general screamo, emoviolence, metalcore, post-hardcore thread also
>>
>thinking any of those high school tier bands produced good music

Wow, it's like this board is full of children or something!
>>
>>60628138
Leave my entry level shit alone :,(
>>
>Stupidly went to warped tour in my teens to see Bad Religion, NOFX and Flogging Molly. Silverstein plays... Lead singer calls out "all the shit bands on this tour".

How can you be in Silverstein and talk shit about other bands. Silverstein is a toilet.
>>
>>60628666
Haha that's pretty funny. When was this?
>>
>>60628012
dying is you latest fashion was my jam when I was 12, don't worry OP
>>
File: 1443829839332.jpg (85 KB, 679x960) Image search: [Google]
1443829839332.jpg
85 KB, 679x960
>>60628012
Underage b&

>screamo, emoviolence, metalcore, post-hardcore
fucking kek
>>
>>60628715
Thanks for the comfort, though they are still my old jam.
>>
>>60628723
Never specifeid any of the bands named to any of those genres.
The kodan armada?
Orchid?
The khayembii comunique?
Apart?
Eaves?
Lion of the north?
Beau navire?
Botch?
Hot cross?
Oathbreaker?
Rise and fall?
Seatia?
We were skeletons?

Feeling more secure about yourself now?
>>
Want good metalcore? Listen to Converge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsLzD1R-QdU
>>
>>60628784
>implying
>>
>>60628784
>Feeling more secure about yourself now
I really liked their debut, kinda sucks that they sold out after that
>>
>>60628791
I've somehow not listened to that album
>>
File: ACME.png (328 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ACME.png
328 KB, 500x500
>>60628784
check out pic related, they were a really overlooked german metalcore band from the mid to late 90's
>>
>>60628824
They totally nailed their first album. I'm still praying for them every evening to go back to their roots man.
>>
>>60628893
lol the intro to blind sounds almost exactly like some stupid slayer song.
>>
Anyone know any album with actual emotion in it? Less trying to write cool riffs and sound heavy. SOmething like

Lion of the north
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgoIoEAXhc

Apart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPDNWIOvtT8

The khayembii communique
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYZw67iDw2o
>>
>>60628937
Do you mean the sample? Cause the song it fucking great.
There is a hitler sample on the 8th track btw
>>
>>60629071
Good band though.
>>
>>60629071
Do you know anywhere to get that shit?
>>
>>60629180
It's on discogs, I believe it's not that pricy but I just downloaded it cause I'm a cheap fuck.
>>
>>60629065
check out >>60628893 not sure what emotion you're seeking but this one is pretty angry and chaotic
>>
>>60629247
I'm a cheap fuck too. Where di you download it? can't find anything
>>
>>60629281
True true. That was really good cause it had an actual feel to it, but the songs i linked might have been more sad maybe? Something in that esence
>>
who the actual FUCK thinks Somewhere At The Bottom is better than Wildlife? like holy shit seriously I love both albums but Wildlife is so ridiculously far superior in every possible fucking way. though judging by everything else in your post you have shit taste anyway so idk why i'm surprised.
>>
>>60629325
it's on soulseek, it's a free program
>>
La Bella - Weird jazzy screamo from L.A.

They posted this track a month or so ago as preview for a new LP they're releasing.

https://soundcloud.com/sombrasdelprogreso/thrush
>>
>>60629413

look at

>>60628784

and

>>60629065
>>
>>60629413
>falling for the la dispute meme
>>
>>60629413
Why is wildlife so much better than vega? Now when i think about it, wildlife is actually pretty good.
>>
>>60629378
I'm not really that big into screamo/emo hardcore
Early converge is pretty emo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPqcHXdoaLA
>>
>>60629696
wow that's awesome.
>>
>>60629696
>>60629777
THey have their emotional bits, but i can't get the emotion out of the instruments. Very hardcore punk influenced riffs and emotions doesn't really add up to me. But good album nevertheless!
>>
>>60629646
>much denser production with a wider variety of sounds and instruments
>fucking incredible lyrics especially compared to Vega (no LOVERs and DARLINGs and all that bullshit)
>the monologues of personal emotional struggle juxtaposed with much more intense stories of the struggles of others and the sort of overall idea of "I haven't really suffered like these people so why do I still feel so fucking shitty" gives the album a very nice cohesive feeling and flow
>CAN I STILL GET INTO HEAVEN IF I KILL MYSELF/JANUARY 19, WE BURIED OUR SON TODAY/AND ED IF YOU HEAR ME, I THINK OF YOU OFTEN/YOU WERE NEVER THERE, YOU WON'T EVER BE, SOMETIMES I THINK I'M NOT EITHER SO WHAT DO I DO WHEN EVERY DAY STILL SEEMS TO START AND END WITH YOU/a million other fantastic moments
>the entirety of You And I In Unison, which is in my opinion one of the greatest closing tracks of all time. It gives the entire album closure, while beautifully echoing many themes from Vega that were mostly absent on Wildlife
>every song (with the exception of Edit Your Hometown) is really really really fucking good and fits in well with the rest of the album (there's no psuedo-hardcore shit like Damaged Goods and Then Again, Maybe You Were Right, tho desu I love Damaged Goods, it gets me so hyped in the most chumpy emo way)
>probably a million other reasons that I can't think of right now/i'm bored of typing all of this
>>
>>60629968
wow
La Dispute
- somewhere at the bottom of... = good
- wildlife = worse but ok

really cut you deep.You might have a point.
>>
>>60630069
it's my favorite album of all time by my favorite band of all time. I don't take that shit lightly.
>>
>>60630111
No messing around with you hehe. If i was in the same room as you when i wrote vega>wildlife, it would probably become king park pt. 2
>>
>>60629968
JMO but wildlife > somewhere lyrically, but somewhere > wildlife instrumentation wise

and vancouver is better than both of these
>>
>>60630111
Will you get pissed if i say that St. Paul, king park, Edward Benz and i see everything are my favourite songs from that album?
>>
>>60630198
somewhere > wildlife instrumentation wise
this
>>
Anyone here into atmospheric hardcore like Kehlvin and Amenra?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arLDdxt4G8s
>>
>>60631153
I do now
>>
>>60631216
Good to hear :^)
Have some more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tnRqvNdY9s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNwdM8SMSoQ
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.