[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: good morning good night.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
good morning good night.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>
File: A_Thousand_Suns_Cover2.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
A_Thousand_Suns_Cover2.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
>>
and the rain came down

down down down
>>
:^)
>>
Does anyone have a link to this? The ones in the archive are dead.
>>
>>60623752
Could someone tell a noob what album this is please
>>
>>60623947
darude sandstorm
>>
>>60623947
good morning good night
>>
>>60623947
onkyo
>>
>>60623947
DUDE BEEP LMAO
DUDE BZZZT LMAO
DUDE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RFLMAO
>>
>>60623947
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>60623947
3 people trying to approach silence as close as possible.

Listen to some other works from them first. It's not that good of an onkyo starter. Quartet is better imo
>>
I like avant-garde music, but come on. This sucks.
>>
great thread to attract mallgoth idiots that dont understand the first thing about what "onkyo" is
>>
>>60624720
>I like avant-garde music: Merzbow, Swans, Death Grips, the list goes on...
>>
Magenta Circuit is the pinnacle of all electroacousmatic music.
>>
>>60624719
thanks for the advice, but I don't get it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9kzGTJ14ek
>>
>>60624825
http://www.music.ucsb.edu/sites/secure.lsit.ucsb.edu.musi.d7/files/sitefiles/people/novak/NovakOnkyoAM41_1.pdf

http://openscholar.purchase.edu/sites/default/files/lorraine_plourde/files/etm_52.2_lorraine_plourde_article.pdf

read these instead of blindly listening to whatever /mu/ tells you to
>>
>>60624842
that's the funny thing about /mu/ nobody ever studies or reads anything about music to understand it, but then they claim that they have "informed" taste
>>
File: 1980832.jpg (161 KB, 600x589) Image search: [Google]
1980832.jpg
161 KB, 600x589
>>60624825
you have to listen to the whole thing. It is about the exploration of sound. Don't try to look for any particular melodies popping up.

There is always pic related if you want onkyo that sounds nothing like onkyo.
>>
>>60624842
>I have to read an article before listening to an album

????
>>
>>60624854
>>60624851

>>60624852
>onkyo that sounds nothing like onkyo
>It is about the exploration of sound

ummm...
>>
>>60624808
Don't like Merzbow for the same reason I don't like Good Morning. Don't like Swans outside of The Great Annihilator, which is not avant-garde. I do like most of Death Grips discography, but they are definitely not avant-garde. I'm more into stuff like free jazz or ROI.
>>
>>60624863
>ummm...
For that particular album Akiyama does use the properties of guitar a lot but for the most part it is just a great blues/boogie record.
>>
>>60624863
I don't claim I have "informed" taste, I just listened to an album somebody said it was better than another. Albums should be meant to be listened to, not to be the audible complement to a scientific/artistic research

of course there are a lot of scientific/artistic researches about sound and music that are very whorthy of paying attention to, but that is not the main point of music on first hand in my opinion
>>
>>60624902
>Albums should be meant to be listened to, not to be the audible complement to a scientific/artistic research
If you don't "get" an album genre
do you always just drop it and say "well there's no way that I'll ever appreciate it"
>>
>>60624878
>Don't like Merzbow for the same reason I don't like Good Morning

what?

>>60624880
:yeah its a improv record, if you want to understand the way he plays it goes beyond just blues, akiyama plays guitar in such a unique manner. that album in particular was a shcoking live performance for the audience because its even more :"unresolved" than his recordings like "dont forget to boogie"

>>60624902
just stay away from this kind of music if you simply want to listen and derive your opinions without any context
>>
can't believe i havent filtered gene yet
>>
>>60625004
he's better than you by miles dude lmao..
>>
>>60625004
same
>>
>>60624989
Merzbow is just noise. Good Morning is just silence with some quiet tones thrown in. Sure, noise and silence are opposite, but they end up meaning the same thing.
>>
>>60625017
why havent you killed yourself

>>60625021
this wasnt a witty response i hope you realise this
>>
>>60625045
>angry anon attempting to step up to tripgods

I can tell you're very thrilled that school let out for thanksgiving.
>>
>>60625039
yeah this is probably a troll

"i like avant garde music!"
"it's just noise and silence"
>>
>>60625065
>Anv.boats trying hard to hit home again
>>
>>60625039
>Merzbow is just noise
You might be talking about his digital era. His analog noise sounded different.

https://youtu.be/p1WgWKplMSg
>>
>>60625094
?
wasn't even my intention, very interesting that you see it that way though
>>
>>60625094
>referring to him as Anv.boats
newfag
>>
>>60625092
Not only do I like avant-garde music, but I like to LISTEN to it. I get the ideas behind it, but it's not aesthetically pleasing and therefor I have no inclination to listen to it again. Contrast this to something like Sun Ship by John Coltrane, which not only explores how we perceive music through the context of the music within itself, but also sounds beautiful and expressive. I'd rather listen to that 100 times before I listen to Good Morning again. Just sayin'.
>>
>>60625205
"aesthetically pleasing" because it's tonal, rhythmic, etc..... got it.
>>
>>60624989
Oh ya, and if you bothered to actually read the articles you post, you would know that Merzbow and noise music were already contrasted before with onkyo as polar links of the same spectrum.
>>
>>60625242
Nice to know you've outed yourself as the one who's a troll. Thanks and good day.
>>
>>60625205
>but it's not aesthetically pleasing
I think you mean "but I don't personally like it"
>>
>>60625305
Yeah, pretty much. But that's the same as me saying shit is not gustatorily pleasing. I don't like it - some people might, but it doesn't change the fact that it still tastes like shit.
>>
>i listen to noise because i'm so pretentious and edgy
>>
>>60625425
why do you think that's why people listen to noise
>>
>>60625425
Congratulations anon, you have unlocked the secret that generations of noise fans have been hiding........were just trying to be edgy!!! bravo
>>
>>60625459
>>60625467

are you two lovers or something?
>>
>>60625499
?
>>
>>60625371
But then it's essentially a meaningless criticism. "This tastes like shit!" "Nah, I kinda like it." And I don't know anything about why it's good or bad, why either of you think the way you do. It's bad music criticism.
>>
>>60625499
i'd pay to watch them fuk
>>
>>60624989
>just stay away from this kind of music if you simply want to listen and derive your opinions without any context

yeah I will from now on. thanks anon
>>
>>60624719
>3 people trying to approach silence as close as possible.
They failed, jliat did it beter and already completed this project
>>
ITT: children try to discuss adult themed topics

let me show you how its done bros:

GMGN is the most confounding thing I have ever listened to.

The last time I had an experience as powerfully disorienting as this was when I first listened to Schoenberg's Pierrot Lunaire in a live setting last year. At the time, it was hilariously incomprehensible. Not aided by my lack of understanding German, it appeared goofy and insincere. Over the coming months, I appreciated the notes of true beauty, of craftsmanship in composition; but it was a long, arduous process that involved a greater acceptance of music, and a wider adaptation of my musical vocabulary.

I have a feeling GMGN will be much the same. An album that confounds you with the absolutely incomprehensible nature of it. An album which seems ridiculously stupid. And yet, one that months from now might seem one of the most genius works of art of our time.

That remains to be seen. But we all are looking forward to seeing it.
>>
>>60626057
Hey there LimedIBagels
>>
>>60626113
hey whats up are you the new kid? whats your name man?

mr stat the new kid says his name is bill

i think hes lying teacher

i think your name is butt
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.