[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Analog warmth is a lie. Noise is what creates the illusion.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: triggered.png (80 KB, 216x225) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
80 KB, 216x225
Analog warmth is a lie. Noise is what creates the illusion.
>>
True, as with most things associated with human hearing.
>>
So analog warmth exists then and is only available in that format. Thanks anon.
>>
>analog warmth is a lie
>noise is what creates the illusion

I wasn't under the impression that 'analog warmth' was anything but noise

music is noise

u dum fammo
>>
>>60624003
Music isn't noise family

>irregular fluctuations that accompany a transmitted electrical signal but are not part of it and tend to obscure it.
>>
>>60624003
this, I've never heard anyone say anything other than analog warmth is noise.

It's a really nice noise, though. Much preferably to sterile and 'perfect' recordings
>>
>>60624019
that is one definition of noise famette

there are several
>>
>>60624003
>>60624019
>>60624048
It's SENPAI now. Deal with it.
>>
>>60624101
I refuse famine
>>
honestly i never got what "warmth" even described in this context, despite having heard some music on record
>>
>>60624169
it's fuzzy like a nice warm hug in a cable-knit
>>
>>60624190
oh, so its really just the surface noise those people were talking about all this time? wew glad i didnt get into collecting vinyl
>>
In my experience as a producer I've realized that music needs a glue. That glue can just be a lot of reverb, noise, a compressor hiss, vinyl crackle, a crowd cheering, combinationd of those, there's countless many more as well. It also depends on the genre of music.

When I was trying to make midi mockups of classical works (with good quality sample libraries), it all sounded too sterile, partly because of MIDI. but when I added some analog emulation plugins and subtle noise from a synth doubling some instruments and put in a few effects BOOYAH, analog and warm as fuck.
>>
>>60624220
yes
it's also do to with the distortions caused by compression and slight peaking commonly found on lo-fi/early recordings
>>
>>60624220
it would've been a waste senpai.
>>
this record looks like it's been peppered by shotgun pellets, going to be so warm and comfy it'll feel like I'm in the womb.
>>
I use massive and a lot of other vsts
Is my analog warmth a lie
>>
>>60624293
i'm >>60624227
I use Sylenth's noise oscillator to double instruments. try it out, it actually makes it warm as fuck.
>>
>>60624227
classical sample libraries are unmixed. you need to add room verb to make it sound at least realistic.

Not even talking about recreating the expression in playing by inputting velocity note by note, or trying to mimic articulations like legato.
>>
>>60624465
Of course, I was talking beyond that. Even after all the EQs and compression and reverb, it's missing the final piece, which is noise!
take a listen?
https://soundcloud.com/anthony-anadiotis/reckoning
>>
>>60624293
>vst
>analog

at the very most you are emulating analog fammo
>>
>>60625549
the human ear isn't able to distinguish between analog and emulations anyways. that's just audiophiles lying to themselves to feel superior and justify the money wasted on their audio fedoras.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.