[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW ANCO HYPE THREAD 2K15 DEBUTED IN A FUCKING AIRPORT BATHROOM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 1080x1920
NEW ANCO HYPE THREAD 2K15

DEBUTED IN A FUCKING AIRPORT BATHROOM
>>
I've never been more excited to listen to bathroom cell phone recordings in my life desu
>>
>>60622041
where did they get this stupid fucking idea? what fucking marketing firm manages the AnCo brand atm????? smfh as an advertiser I'm mad tbqh
>>
>>60622083
BWI does something similar to this every week to begin with.

http://www.bwiairport.com/en/about-bwi/press-releases/1148
>>
alledgedly , album sounds like "Sounds like MPP minus samples, plus lots of modular synthesis percussion. No Avey vocal effects, MPP-style harmonies
One song sounded like Boys Latin vocal chops, but double-speed and arpeggiated."
sound interesting?
>>
>>60622139
so MPP minus all the parts that MPP interesting and worth listening to?
>>
>>60622139
>no avey vocal effects

thank god, this shit was annoying on slasher flicks
>>
so did already happen?

did anyone record it?
>>
>>60622531
Yesterday

Snippet of The Burglars here: http://vocaroo.com/i/s04cmenylJnI

And Vertical here: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1qG7VFcNDwN
>>
>>60622544
oooo i like vertical
>>
>>60622139
FUCK
>>
Burglars soty
>>
>>60622997
hey you
>>
>single
>songle
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>60623080
hey
>>
its shit
>>
CHz pt.2 incoming
>>
So whats the tracklisting supposed to be?
>>
>>60623172
1. Floridada
2. Hocus Pocus
3. Vertical
4. Lying in the grass
5. The Burglars
6. Natural Selection
7. Bagles In Kiev
8. On Delay
9. Spilling Guts
10. Summing the wretch
11. Golden Gal
12. Recycling
>>
Well fuck, not long until we get decent leak then?
>>60623169
This desu
I don't know avey and panda has changed a lot since mpp
I don't even want another mpp
Guess i'm only curious how unique they got managed to sound
>>
Is this album called "Painting With Animal Collective?" Haha holy shit
>>
>>60622544
Yikes, this sounds very boring
I feel like I've already heard this shit so many times before
>>
Thought MPP was boring and thought Centipede was shit, so I'm not getting my hopes up for this.
>>
I feel that this might be their worst yet
No samples; no wacky effects
What is the idea behind the album? Sounds like a rockier version of MPP kinda shit desu
>>
>>60623169
I'd still be happy with this desu
At least that means it'll be better than Slasher Flicks and PBVGR
>>
This is so weird. I just woke up from a dream where the album dropped and it had a light yellow cover with a similar structure to this one, and I woke up to check the news only to find it was true. (sorta)
>>
>judging an entire album based on shitty airport bathroom vocaroos
>>
Idk what is, I'm not sure how to articulate it....but I'm pretty sure I'm not liking these snippets. It's just not the AnCo I want. I feel like there's a noticeable decline in song writing, possibly. Things just seem more boring.

I don't care about samples or sounds or noise, etc, that much. I just want amazing songwriting. These upbeat tracks aren't really doing it for me.

Know what I was really really digging? That improv jam they released recently with the scuba diving reef footage. I actually thought that was AMAZING. When the beat kicks in and everything especially. I'm really hoping for some techno/house AnCo. And I think it's possible we'll get some of that on this album.

I still have my hopes up for the album. And maybe these tracks will grow on me, I'm sure they will at least a little. But yeah, keeping my hopes up and hopefully they are not crushed, because when they're crushed, it'll be a rough crush.

I'll still love AnCo no matter what. But if this album isn't amazing, if it doesn't pair up with the rest of their best ones, then it'll just put things in cement: AnCo will never put out another classic. I still liked all the recent releases. But ChZ, Slasher Flicks, PBVSGR...one more of those and I don't see how they could possibly ever release another Feels or another Strawberry Jam. And that just breaks my heart. I want another classic from AnCo more than anybody else. I mean, I can't even think of any other albums I'm anticipating on the same level.

Fingers crossed still.
>>
>>60623472
True, but you can hear what the songs are essentially. You can make a good guess of at least how good those 2 songs are.
>>
>>60623581
/hype
>>
>>60623581
CHz and PBMTGR are both AnCo classics, though. Both are easily better than Feels, which just doesn't have a very gripping atmosphere.
>>
where should i start with AnCo?
>>
>>60623758
MPP
>>
>>60623758
just listen to alvin band instead, anco is nothing but an alvin band ripoff
>>
>>60623733
I hope this is bait. I really do.
>>
>>60623758
Strawberry Jam is a good starting point imo, MPP is a great album but it isn't quite as user friendly if you haven't heard anything else that anco has done.
>>
>>60623850
Agreed, Strawberry Jam is probably the best place to start from. Then either go to MPP or Feels.
>>
>>60623758
I started with Feels - MPP - Sung Tongs - SJ, then all the old ones.
>>
>>60622083
Your /mu/speak triggers me
>>
>>60623733
Fucking 2010s hipster trendy fucks get out
>>
>>60622544
Fuck this sounds like Slasher Flicks. Not surprised but disappointed.
>>
>>60623850
>>60623934
Are you guys serious?
MPP is their most accessible
>>
>>60624155
nah, the first time I listened to MPP, I thought it was alright but really overrated and as I listened to more anco it really grew on me. The album that got me into animal collective was Strawberry Jam.
>>
>>60624155
It's accessible on an album level but compared to the rest of their discography it is not a good introduction since their other stuff is a ton more experimental and strange.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.