[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me get into david bowie and bob dylan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Here's my chart.

rec me bowie and dylan records, and I will love you for life
>>
for you i recomend death grips and neuthral milk hotel
>>
>>60621980

I've never heard of a Bowie of Dylan record named Death Grips... What on earth are you talking about?
>>
>>60622005
omg mr bowie
ily and low so much omigosh
>>
>>60622007

That's good. Now buy my records, you peasant
>>
>>60621972
You might like Station to Station from Bowie. The title track especially is long and relies a lot on texture, which I think makes it a good intro point if you're into Duster, MBV, and Real Estate. You might also like Low and Heroes, which are a mix of instrumental and lyrical tracks (very) loosely like Stratosphere.

When it comes to Dylan, it nothing he has is that much like anything on your chart. I'd say pick one of Desire, Blood on the Tracks, or Highway 61 Revisited. Desire tends towards longer story songs, while Blood on the Tracks skews a bit shorter. Highway 61 Revisited falls somewhere in the middle.

If you don't like those, you can either go to early Dylan (his self-titled is mostly traditional folk songs) or really late Dylan (Tempest has a totally different sound so if you hate mid-period Dylan you may like it--he's sort of Tom Waits-esque on that one). Dylan's lyrical, so if you're into Automatic for the People for the lyrics, that's sort of the mindset you want to approach Dylan with.

Good luck! Bowie and Dylan are a lot of fun. I like almost everything in your chart pretty well (don't know the album on the upper left corner) and I like both Bowie and Dylan, so I think you can find something you enjoy.
>>
>>60622271

You are the very soul of the ideal forum poster. Thank you kindly, anon
>>
File: Bob Dylan.png (897 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Bob Dylan.png
897 KB, 1600x1200
>>60621972
>>
>>60622308
No he isn't.

You listen to both their discographies and make up your own mind, anything else is objectively wrong.

>>60622366
cancerous retarded fucking things.
>>
File: hans.jpg (18 KB, 349x349) Image search: [Google]
hans.jpg
18 KB, 349x349
>>60622366
>covers so small you can't read the titles
>>
>>60622366
This is bad
>>
>>60622366
Modern Times and World Gone Wrong are too good to be lumped in with those other albums.
>>
>>60622366
Terrible, just awful.
>>
>>60622383

And you are objectively a narrow-sighted asshole. Your presence is entirely unnecessary.
>>
>>60622308
spoonfeeding does not make a good poster desu
>>
>>60622497

I asked for help and he helped... That is a pretty costructive way of going about things imo
>>
>>60622515
it's generally a lot more conducive to discussion when you come prepared, kind of like school, where you finish your homework before the teacher discusses it
i think it's a waste of archive space to dedicate an entire thread for introductory recs to two well-known artists whose discographies have been reviewed and critiqued a thousand times over
good that he helped but it's a bit lazy on your part, and it's encouraging your laziness that's bad posting etiquette imo
>>
>>60622515
This guy was helping you more >>60622383
>>
>>60622548

How is this different from chart threads exactly?
>>
>>60622605
the idea of a chart thread is to recommend things that you might like and haven't heard of
>>
>>60622629

Sure, but it isn't "harder" to bump into new music that you might like? I use Spotify, so I could just as well use "related artists". In the same way, I can easily type David Bowie in my searchbar and listen to the entire discography... I just like to have a que in the back of my head before diving in. It's more lazy, yes, but isn't that the point of the internet? To make everything easier and easier and easier?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.